Old 08-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Registered User

Hi There
I am new to worm farming and i didnt know where to start but just wanted to give it a go. So thought i would have a search around the internet to see what info was available and couldnt really find much! However i did find a really great book to download which was incredibly informative and really easy to read. Now I am so excited as i have a better understanding as a complete novice and i highly recommend it to anyone starting out.
I found it under this website: Beginners Guide to Starting a Worm Farm

would appreciate any further advice from anyone.

Allotment Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ jan[_3_] View Post
Thought I'd mention, beware what you throw your fish from the yard.

I found a worm along side the pond... now the worm was a tad odd in that it
wasn't moving as fast as I thought it should, but I didn't think too much
about it. Just a moment of hesitation I should have heeded, but my arm was
already in automatic toss. I'm not sure which fish ate it.... but the next
day, one of my oldest was sitting firmly on the bottom, not interested in
eating.

Oh dear! Long story short, DH said, maybe it was something he ate, and I
remembered the worm. It took about 3 days for him to return to normal, and
all things are fine now. I'm thinking if I find a worm, I'll be soaking it
in water to clear it's gut... just in case it has traveled thru some slug
bait or other and has it in it's gut... or maybe it is just safer not to
feed worms at all, at least at my house?

I don't treat real close to the ponds, but I do put stuff on the ground, as
the earwigs, slugs, snails have been the worst I've ever seen this year.

I wonder how this stuff might affect Robins and other worm eating critters?
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: JJ's Ponds

Rate This Thread: