Old 26-10-2009, 12:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Formatting on this group.......

Why is the formatting on some posts so messed up? It makes posts here ve
ry
hard to read. No matter what NSP I use, my posts seem to be the worst.
?!?!?!?
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

What software newsreader are you using?

I'm thinking it is in those setting somewhere. Are you doing hard returns,
or wrap-around? If the latter, try typing short lines with hard returns.
How big a font setting are you using? You may have to experiment. ~ jan

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 07:49:04 EDT, "ReelMcKoi"
wrote:

Why is the formatting on some posts so messed up? It makes posts here ve
ry
hard to read. No matter what NSP I use, my posts seem to be the worst.
?!?!?!?

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 15-11-2009, 12:37 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"~ jan" wrote in message
Interesting. No clues here.
I can go to Tools, Options, and run down
a list till I find fonts & sizes that affect the
words in the body of the message.
~ jan

=================Yes I have font settings but no setting concerning a
message's actual formart other than HTML and Plain Text.
I have it set to plain text.

What "sizes that affect" the formatting of your posts? What
NR are you using?

Somthing is mangling the format of my messages on
this group only.

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 15-11-2009, 04:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

==================
Yes I have font settings but no setting concerning a
message's actual formart other than HTML and Plain Text.
I have it set to plain text.

What "sizes that affect" the formatting of your posts? What
NR are you using?

I'm using Agent Forte to read newsgroups.
The font size in Agent doesn't mangle my
posts for me... I was just brainstorming
that it could be a possibility for you.
~ jan
(Using short sentences & hard returns.)
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 26-12-2009, 02:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
I suspect a newline indicator or "hard carriage return" that is
invisible to a text editor but would be evident in binary examination.
A simple test would be to email someone else (me, possibly) a post and
let them do the actual posting. If the formatting is screwed up in
that post we will know the problem must be the message itself.

===================Hi Galen, at this point I don't post enough to really worry about it.
I'll let it go.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 26-12-2009, 02:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 08:02:01 EST, "ReelMcKoi" wrote:

.. .

====================
Hi Galen, at this point I don't post enough to really worry about it.
I'll let it go.

It may not happen again, the people who maintain the software are
doing a software fix for it.
..

Old 29-12-2009, 02:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

.

=======================Good. I'm glad to hear that. :-)
--
RM....