Old 30-04-2010, 04:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Patched the hole in our liner

Major PITA.
Only ONE supplier locally with the glue needed to bond epdm (or permalon), and its a gallon for $25, almost half the cost of a new replacement liner!

When you put the stuff on a epdm patch, it curls up like mad. We couldn;t get it to just stick properly to the preparred hole, so I tacked it down, and then put duct tape over the whole thing so the edges would tack down properly. I just left the duct tape over it.. it can come off naturally. (Its black, so it blends in with the liner anyway.

2 days later, the leak seems tackled, so we're happy campers.

Gareee

Old 30-04-2010, 10:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:28:13 EDT, gojira
wrote:

Major PITA.
Only ONE supplier locally with the glue needed to bond epdm (or permalon), and its a gallon for $25, almost half the cost of a new replacement liner!

When you put the stuff on a epdm patch, it curls up like mad. We couldn;t get it to just stick properly to the preparred hole, so I tacked it down, and then put duct tape over the whole thing so the edges would tack down properly. I just left the duct tape over it.. it can come off naturally. (Its black, so it blends in with the liner anyway.

2 days later, the leak seems tackled, so we're happy campers.

Gareee

There is a duck tape patch on my pond that has been on for years.

Steve

EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

Old 30-04-2010, 10:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Congratulations on the repair!

Jim

Old 24-05-2010, 09:34 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
gmb gmb is offline

Due to chipmunk damage we had a fairly large hole (6") to plug on a
vertical wall. We patched w/ a piece of liner and then patched over
that with a larger piece of liner. That was 2 yrs. ago - still holding.

Old 25-05-2010, 05:25 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Lots of repair pros around here!

Jim

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Hole in Pond Liner [email protected] United Kingdom 13 25-02-2014 05:37 PM
hole in pond liner tolwoods Ponds 9 08-03-2007 10:39 PM
My Plea for Help (Hole in bottom of pond liner?) LessonLearned. Bette E Ponds 3 12-09-2004 03:30 AM
liner hole repair Mike Ponds 12 25-08-2004 03:26 PM
liner hole repair Mike Ponds 0 24-08-2004 06:25 PM