Old 15-12-2010, 07:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Frozen ponds

The ponds have both frozen over. Before that happened this past week I
spotted some newts and red eared sliders in the larger pond. I haven't
seen any bullfrog pollywogs that take 2 years to mature. And no more
snakes since the fish are gone.

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 21-12-2010, 05:24 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

We had a couple of freezes here in MS, but mostly we are in the upper
30s to mid-60s. The pond still has some lily pads that have not died!

Jim

Old 22-12-2010, 06:02 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Dec 20, 9:24 pm, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
We had a couple of freezes here in MS, but mostly we are in the upper
30s to mid-60s. The pond still has some lily pads that have not died!

Jim

Nice!, Jim
I was through Clinton for Thanksgiving. Thought about you all. Hope
you had a blessed one.
The weather has been very warm here in the Springs. It will only get
into the 40's this week with Christmas Day promising 46 (according to
the weather people forecaster/guessers/tarot readers. :-)
So far the pond cover has been working and is still in place despite
some 60+ MPH winds Sunday. I crawled under the cover just to check
things out and what a difference! Some of the grass is still green,
the fish are much more active (relatively speaking that is) than past
seasons. Needless to say I am looking forward to the winter solstice
as from that point on, longer days! Yea!
Merry Christmas!
W. Dale

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Frozen Flourish Cichlidiot Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 20-04-2003 07:11 AM
Moving roses when the ground is frozen ?? Trevor Ylisaari Roses 0 15-03-2003 02:08 AM
frozen pipes Drew Lovasi Ponds 4 16-02-2003 06:51 AM
Frozen Pipes? BenignVanilla Ponds 4 06-02-2003 12:40 AM
re Frozen Pipes? John Rutz Ponds 0 05-02-2003 06:10 PM