Old 14-04-2011, 03:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pat Pat is offline

Default Green Water

"Patrick" wrote in message
m...
Thanks Jan,
No not much falling in as it is surrounded by the house. There are only 3
fish (Larry, Curley and Roy) all in the 2-3 pound range.

I've done water tests. None have ever caused any concern. PH is in line,
I've never had an ammonia reading and nitrites seem to be in line. I seem
to be routinely low on salt so I add that periodically to the bottom end
of the skimmer where the pump is located.

Ok, no more algecide. I can get plants (hyacinth) and corral them easily.
Will do so tomorrow. More the better I presume..

Thank you all!!

More to come.
--
Patrick Fischer
Olalla, WA

With Your pond surrounded by your house your plants may not get enough
sunlight. I wonder if you can create a veggie filter in a sunny location
and plumb it to your pond.

Rate This Thread: