Old 20-04-2011, 02:03 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default OT - Tornado went 2 miles from our house

The recent tornados in MS went through Clinton. The national news
showed one 'to the West of Jackson'. It was a couple of miles from
our house. We spent some time in the bath tub with cushions over our
heads...but the wind never went above 40 mph here.

We wondered what a tornado would do to our pond. We have heard of
ponds being emptied. Happily, we did not get to see. Has anyone had
a tornado visit a pond they knew of?

Old 20-04-2011, 02:09 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

OMGosh, glad to hear it didn't come close, some really scary pictures
coming out of those areas that were hit. ~ jan

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 21:03:43 EDT, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

The recent tornados in MS went through Clinton. The national news
showed one 'to the West of Jackson'. It was a couple of miles from
our house. We spent some time in the bath tub with cushions over our
heads...but the wind never went above 40 mph here.

We wondered what a tornado would do to our pond. We have heard of
ponds being emptied. Happily, we did not get to see. Has anyone had
a tornado visit a pond they knew of?

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 25-04-2011, 10:19 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Tornados picking up fish

On Apr 23, 1:17 pm, wrote:
A tornado close enough to drain your pond will be the least of your worri

es. It will
take your house too. I lived in a tornado alley growing up. Ingrid

I take your point!

Here is a site that disacusses tornados and fish...and frogs.

http://www.questacon.edu.au/indepth/tornadoes/

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Has anyone used a Tornado Pondvac? Pond Skater Ponds 8 13-01-2011 02:16 PM
Tornado Pond Vacuum - utterly useless souwesterly Ponds (moderated) 2 22-04-2010 01:25 AM
Tornado in Geneva Tiziano Bonsai 4 19-07-2005 11:20 AM
High winds, small tornado? Doug Kanter Gardening 2 27-07-2004 05:23 AM
High winds, small tornado? Perry Templeton Gardening 0 26-07-2004 03:45 AM