Old 09-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Registered User

Default think my koi has a tumor any advice please

noticed a lump on the tail of one of my koi a few years ago, have treated with various over the counter medicines mainly anti bacterial and anti funcus one of which turned the water green for about two weeks, that actually shrunk the lump and i was hopefull of a cure only for it to regrow bigger and darker in colour. it does not seem bothered eats well and does not affect swimming although it's growth is slow compared to other fish, do have over 30 fish in pond no others have been affected.
any advice welcome thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
think my koi has a tumor any advice please-koi.jpg
Old 26-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wane View Post
noticed a lump on the tail of one of my koi a few years ago, have treated with various over the counter medicines mainly anti bacterial and anti funcus one of which turned the water green for about two weeks, that actually shrunk the lump and i was hopefull of a cure only for it to regrow bigger and darker in colour. it does not seem bothered eats well and does not affect swimming although it's growth is slow compared to other fish, do have over 30 fish in pond no others have been affected.
any advice welcome thanks.

Thanks you for the post.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:31:10 EDT, bauer5152
wrote:

wane;926139 Wrote:
noticed a lump on the tail of one of my koi a few years ago, have
treated with various over the counter medicines mainly anti bacterial
and anti funcus one of which turned the water green for about two weeks,
that actually shrunk the lump and i was hopefull of a cure only for it
to regrow bigger and darker in colour. it does not seem bothered eats
well and does not affect swimming although it's growth is slow compared
to other fish, do have over 30 fish in pond no others have been
affected.
any advice welcome thanks.

Thanks you for the post.

Didn't see this originally, but depending on where it is located one might
be able to perform surgical removal of tumor. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread: