Old 10-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Registered User

Wink Pond Filling In

I have a natural pond in my garden in Suffolk which I would like to fill in. Does anybody know if there are regulations regarding this?
Old 16-11-2011, 01:37 AM
Registered User

Location: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNARD STEWART View Post
I have a natural pond in my garden in Suffolk which I would like to fill in. Does anybody know if there are regulations regarding this?
Your local nature conservation council would be place to know

With a bit of luck its a no complication formality

Might avoid heckuva problem later. Like some neighbour complains it was home for the Great Crested newt

Restoring a natural habitat for some endangrered species might come as a shock...

Regards, andy
Flickr: adavisus' Photostream
Pond and water gardening aquatic plants |
Old 23-12-2011, 10:43 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Pond Filling In

BERNARD STEWART wrote:
I have a natural pond in my garden in Suffolk which I would like to fill
in. Does anybody know if there are regulations regarding this?

Being a left-ponder, I'm afraid I can't speak specifically to such
regulations in Suffolk. Depending on how large your pond is, whether or not
it's part of a larger ecosystem, how close you are to Ipswitch or some
other large community, the bureaucracy will most assuredly know how to
extract as much money from you as possible. Good luck, chum!

I gave my koi away and had my pond removed and filled in. I have my
daughter, son-in-law and four grandchildren, ages three to ten, living
here. Wonderful for this 76 year old former ponder. But I miss you guys.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Old 05-03-2012, 02:44 AM
Seeds of Love's Avatar
Registered User

Location: in the Garden

keep the pond - you frog murdering tosser.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:05 AM
AlansMarshTits's Avatar
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeds of Love View Post
keep the pond - you frog murdering tosser.
I am not sure that is an appropriate answer for the chap, can we at least be civil even if he is a frog murdering tosser at least keep your revulsion at such a horrendous and selfish act of pondlife genocide to yourself and offer a suggestion of relocation for the pond creatures.

Thanks AMT

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Filling in a garden pond Cheryl United Kingdom 48 12-07-2006 01:10 PM
filling a pond Cheryl Ponds 8 08-06-2006 07:55 AM
Filling in the Garden Pond JP Ponds (alternative) 5 28-08-2005 06:05 PM
Filling in the Garden Pond JP United Kingdom 4 28-08-2005 06:05 PM
Filling in pond Pia United Kingdom 13 08-01-2003 09:23 PM