Old 07-03-2011, 07:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default New house, old pond

Downsizing from our big 5-bedroom house to one without stairs and lots
of grass. One we are looking at has a largish (20'x12')"koi" pond with
waterfall. Looks professionally made and was operating yesterday. The
water was a very dark green and opaque and I couldn't see the bottom.
Since I am now 70 (good health) but with a cranky knee, am I asking for
trouble? I have yearned for a pond for a number of years, but since
this move is mostly motivated by the desire for less maintenance and
physical labor, I'm worried.

I live in the Phoenix area so cold is not the problem, heat is. The
entire pond is covered by a lanai with sun screening.

Chip

Old 08-03-2011, 02:05 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Chip,

The major labor in caring for a pond is cleaning the pond, managing
the filter system and maintaining the water level. What is the
cleaning process? Do you know how the filter is set up for the pond?
Is there a veggie filter with the waterfall? How does it maintain
water level?

Jim

Old 12-03-2011, 12:11 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On 3/7/2011 12:31 PM, Chip Wood wrote:
Downsizing from our big 5-bedroom house to one without stairs and lots
of grass. One we are looking at has a largish (20'x12')"koi" pond with
waterfall. Looks professionally made and was operating yesterday. The
water was a very dark green and opaque and I couldn't see the bottom.
Since I am now 70 (good health) but with a cranky knee, am I asking for
trouble? I have yearned for a pond for a number of years, but since this
move is mostly motivated by the desire for less maintenance and physical
labor, I'm worried.

I live in the Phoenix area so cold is not the problem, heat is. The
entire pond is covered by a lanai with sun screening.

Chip

My pond is about that size. How deep is it? Mine is right at 3,000
gallons. I'm sure you can have it back in shape in no time.

Old 17-03-2011, 01:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Hey Chip (Southern greeting equivalent to 'Hi Chip')

Have you learned anything more about the pond? Any pics?

Old 17-03-2011, 07:50 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On 3/17/2011 5:39 AM, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Hey Chip (Southern greeting equivalent to 'Hi Chip')

Have you learned anything more about the pond? Any pics?

We may not buy that house now, because of changed circumstances. Will
get back when plans firm up more.

Chip

Old 09-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Registered User

Location: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Wood View Post
Downsizing from our big 5-bedroom house to one without stairs and lots
of grass. One we are looking at has a largish (20'x12')"koi" pond with
waterfall. Looks professionally made and was operating yesterday. The
water was a very dark green and opaque and I couldn't see the bottom.
Since I am now 70 (good health) but with a cranky knee, am I asking for
trouble? I have yearned for a pond for a number of years, but since
this move is mostly motivated by the desire for less maintenance and
physical labor, I'm worried.

I live in the Phoenix area so cold is not the problem, heat is. The
entire pond is covered by a lanai with sun screening.

Chip
Oh I doubt you might need to raise your pace above a leisurely dawdle, to keep up with a koi pond. The exercise might be good, even

Some knee pads, a variety of convenient tools on long poles will cut down on the stooping chores. Something to snip and pick off weeds, a hooky tool to tug plants or tubs.

A deck chair might be compulsory, for those days when you would rather bring down your blood pressure

Regards, andy
Flickr: adavisus' Photostream
Pond and water gardening aquatic plants |
Old 20-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Banned

Location: Canada

Hi dear !!
today am here to share something with you which is that i build a new house and i need its floor covering give me suggestion which product i use it for in this purpose only good suggestion would be appreciated.?
Old 21-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Banned

Location: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson0 View Post
Hi dear !!
today am here to share something with you which is that i build a new house and i need its floor covering give me suggestion which product i use it for in this purpose only good suggestion would be appreciated.?
gold coast tile cleaning

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

New house, old tired lawn? six0 Lawns 4 25-05-2009 04:42 AM
Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1] Graham Corbin Orchid Photos 12 23-04-2007 11:02 AM
old pond, old pump Charlie Brown Ponds (alternative) 1 04-08-2006 09:19 PM
[IBC] For old, Old, OLD members ;-) Bill Neff Bonsai 3 18-05-2005 05:28 AM
[IBC] For old, Old, OLD members ;-) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 17-05-2005 10:14 PM