Varialble speed pump

Old 04-02-2013, 11:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Varialble speed pump

I'm thinking about buying a new variable speed pump. (http://www.pentairpoo
l.com/pool-pro/products/product.php?idv) My thinking is that I can set
it to move less water at night, saving electricity and more when I'm out th
ere enjoying the pond. Any opinions?

San Diego Joe
4000-5000 gallons
A few Koi & a red-eared slider

Old 05-02-2013, 02:42 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 18:48:39 EST, San Diego Joe wrote:

I'm thinking about buying a new variable speed pump. (http://www.pentairpoo
l.com/pool-pro/products/product.php?idv) My thinking is that I can set
it to move less water at night, saving electricity and more when I'm out th
ere enjoying the pond. Any opinions?

San Diego Joe
4000-5000 gallons
A few Koi & a red-eared slider

Hi Joe,

Interesting concept. Not sure exactly which pump I should click on or if
the WhisperFlo pictured was it?

Sounds good if your idea of slow isn't starving the filter or fish of O2.

I use 2 pumps, one for the season, and one for winter, but I'm sure
plugging them in and out is what you're trying to avoid. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread: