Old 18-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Grub's Avatar
Registered User

Default Headless Waterlily

I planted a waterlily in a large container last year and its only this year it has flowered. I noticed a large bud making its way up to the surface over a couple of weeks and was quite excited. The bud broke the surface and I looked forward to it opening. I checked a few days ago and indeed the bud was opening but to my horror the bud had come away from the main stem and was just floating around! Why would they happen?
Old 22-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Registered User

Location: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub View Post
I checked a few days ago and indeed the bud was opening but to my horror the bud had come away from the main stem and was just floating around! Why would they happen?
Might there be a pesky turtle about who has a sweet tooth for yummy stems?

Regards, andy
Flickr: adavisus' Photostream
adavisus's Library | Photobucket
Pond and water gardening aquatic plants |

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Headless fish in netted pond darleydame Ponds (alternative) 2 04-10-2011 02:37 PM
Pink Waterlily closed Lostin1999 Ponds 2 09-09-2004 11:20 PM
Pink Waterlily closed 2pods Ponds 4 09-09-2004 11:20 PM
waterlily depth *muffin* Ponds 2 17-05-2003 04:56 AM
waterlily indoor ? Bing Lai Gardening 2 12-04-2003 05:44 AM