GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Koi and frogs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/208134-koi-frogs.html)

CraiginTexas 30-08-2013 02:30 PM

Koi and frogs

Hello all. This is my first post. I'm considering getting some koi for my 70 foot by 40 foot pond. It is well aerated and 8 feet deep in the middle. I have about 7 frogs in the pond. The body size, including the head of the frogs is about 4-5 inches. Do you think they will eat my koi or the koi babies? Thanks

Austin007 19-09-2013 06:48 AM

Well frogs will not harm your koi because they have a friendly nature.... and mostly find something for eating from out of the pond.. so don't need to worried about that. Good luck

adavisus 18-10-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraiginTexas (Post 990357)
Do you think they will eat my koi or the koi babies? Thanks

More likely to be the other way round, the fish will dine well on spawn and tadpoles

Large frogs are inclined to 'have a go' at anything that moves, above water, usually. A small tiddler in the shallows might fit in a big frogs mouth

Regard, andy
Pond and water gardening aquatic plants |
pondering