Old 13-04-2006, 11:57 AM posted to rec.ponds
Damir Crnkovic

Default pond with window

How to make a outdoor pond with big window? Somewhere on internet I saw
a pictures of this, but lost links. Can anyone help me?

-------
Damir, Nasice, Croatia
300L aquarium / 5000L koi pond
Old 14-04-2006, 03:12 AM posted to rec.ponds
Snooze

"Damir Crnkovic" wrote in message
How to make a outdoor pond with big window? Somewhere on internet I saw a
pictures of this, but lost links. Can anyone help me?

That would be an aquarium. Your pond would either have to be above ground,
or you'll have to build a subterrain observation area.

-S

Old 14-04-2006, 04:10 AM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

Snooze wrote:

"Damir Crnkovic" wrote in message
How to make a outdoor pond with big window? Somewhere on internet I saw a
pictures of this, but lost links. Can anyone help me?

That would be an aquarium. Your pond would either have to be above ground,
or you'll have to build a subterrain observation area.

I imagine he knew that. However, any books/articles about building
aquariums will tell you the important detail - the thickness of glass or
plexiglass you'll need, and how to seal it. Treat it as an aquarium equal
to the height between the bottom of your viewing window and the surface of
the pond. Any depth below the window makes no difference to the pressure
the window has to withstand.
--
derek
Old 14-04-2006, 05:20 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

How to make a outdoor pond with big window? Somewhere on internet I saw
a pictures of this, but lost links. Can anyone help me?

-------
Damir, Nasice, Croatia
300L aquarium / 5000L koi pond

Go he http://themudpond.com and log in, one of the main posters has such
a pond. ~ jan

-----------------
Old 14-04-2006, 03:20 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Its POnd GOds pond that you looking for, as well as St. John's pond.
Both have ponds with viewiing windows. Actually Pond Gods pond is more
like a lake than a pond............

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:20:38 -0700, ~ janj
wrote:
How to make a outdoor pond with big window? Somewhere on internet I saw
a pictures of this, but lost links. Can anyone help me?

-------
Damir, Nasice, Croatia
300L aquarium / 5000L koi pond

Go he http://themudpond.com and log in, one of the main posters has such
a pond. ~ jan

-----------------

\\\|///
( @ @ )
-----------oOOo(_)oOOo---------------

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....

Old 14-04-2006, 09:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
Snooze

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Snooze wrote:
I imagine he knew that. However, any books/articles about building
aquariums will tell you the important detail - the thickness of glass or
plexiglass you'll need, and how to seal it. Treat it as an aquarium equal
to the height between the bottom of your viewing window and the surface of
the pond. Any depth below the window makes no difference to the pressure
the window has to withstand.

I sent the post because I gave up on trying to find a step-by-step guide
someone from southern california made a year or two back.

Maybe second time is my luck.
http://www.kissingfrogs.tv/

This is what I was looking for, but looking at it, I doubt that's what the
OP had in mind.

Old 14-04-2006, 10:01 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 23:10:49 -0300, Derek Broughton
wrote:
Snooze wrote:

"Damir Crnkovic" wrote in message
How to make a outdoor pond with big window? Somewhere on internet I saw a
pictures of this, but lost links. Can anyone help me?

snip

Now this is sure a lot of wisdom here folks.............about like the
mud below koi lo's fat backside does not count towards pond depth
either....duh........Derek is getting about as dumb as his hero Carol
is........

The infamous cry baby know-it-all spouted...................
Any depth below the window makes no difference to the pressure
the window has to withstand.

Such wisdom in this group, from so very few.
--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old 15-04-2006, 12:34 AM posted to rec.ponds
Altum

Snooze wrote:
I imagine he knew that. However, any books/articles about building
aquariums will tell you the important detail - the thickness of glass or
plexiglass you'll need, and how to seal it. Treat it as an aquarium equal
to the height between the bottom of your viewing window and the surface of
the pond. Any depth below the window makes no difference to the pressure
the window has to withstand.

I sent the post because I gave up on trying to find a step-by-step guide
someone from southern california made a year or two back.

Maybe second time is my luck.
http://www.kissingfrogs.tv/

This is what I was looking for, but looking at it, I doubt that's what the
OP had in mind.

Wow - that's gorgeous! Looks a wee bit overstocked for the photo,
though. ;-)

--
Put the word aquaria in the subject to reply.
Did you read the FAQ? http://faq.thekrib.com
Old 15-04-2006, 04:40 AM posted to rec.ponds
Snooze

Yawn, how original. koi-lo using the same anonymous relay she always uses to
post an attack, and the same one that "kathy2" used as well.

Carol, let me be the first to tell you. All your base are belong to us.
http://allyourbase.planettribes.game...video1_ayb.swf

-S

Old 18-04-2006, 09:59 AM posted to rec.ponds
Damir Crnkovic

~ janj wrote:
How to make a outdoor pond with big window? Somewhere on internet I saw
a pictures of this, but lost links. Can anyone help me?

-------
Damir, Nasice, Croatia
300L aquarium / 5000L koi pond

Go he http://themudpond.com and log in, one of the main posters has such
a pond. ~ jan

-----------------

Once I saw on some site a pond with window. It is a outdoor pond with
window that you can see fish from basement. If I remeber, it was on some
site with pond tour. I am bought a country house and I am doing some
changes. The big pond on the back side of the house with window from a
basement that I can see my pets. Can anyone have a link to this or
similar site? I need a idea how to make this.
Sorry about bad english!

-------

Old 18-04-2006, 03:15 PM posted to rec.ponds
Mister Gardener

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:59:28 +0200, Damir Crnkovic
wrote:

Once I saw on some site a pond with window. It is a outdoor pond with
window that you can see fish from basement. If I remeber, it was on some
site with pond tour. I am bought a country house and I am doing some
changes. The big pond on the back side of the house with window from a
basement that I can see my pets. Can anyone have a link to this or
similar site? I need a idea how to make this.
Sorry about bad english!

-------
Damir, Nasice, Croatia
300L aquarium / 5000L koi pond

This sounds like such a cool project. I know little about ponds, but I
can envision something like this as an aquarium, or a pond/aquarium
hybrid.
Sorry about my complete lack of Croatian.

-- Mister Gardener
Old 10-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered User

I think he knows it. However, any books / articles aquarium building will tell you important details - the thickness of glass or plexiglass you need, and how to seal. It as an equal height of the bottom of the aquarium viewing window between the ponds and surface.
Pond Kits