Old 16-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Barry

Default Cleaning Tetra cannister filter???

I'm so glad that you replied. I remembered that you had this filter.
I going to go wash them out and get these buffing pads.
I do have extra filters in there, but there a/c filters.
BTW, do you use the carbon filter pad and if so, how often do you change it?
Thanks for your help.

"MISSYMAGICGIRL" wrote in message
I know what you have is a Tetra PF3. I have that one too! I used it last

season
it's my first filter. I love it and found out the hard way about how to

clean
it. What I did was to disconnect it and quickly rinse the bio sphere's and
filter with water. It's a hassle but I think why there is so much gunk is

that
the pads they supply are not surficate it trapping most of the dirt. So

what I
did was take someone else's advice and buy floor buffer pads(in different
textures) this winter and use these and I should see that one a clearer

pond
with less dirt all over like last season and two a filter canister that's

not
soo dirtier then the pads themselves!

Now I just have to wait for the winter to be done

Sacha

Old 16-02-2003, 07:15 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

In article , "Barry"
writes:

I'm so glad that you replied. I remembered that you had this filter.
I going to go wash them out and get these buffing pads.
I do have extra filters in there, but there a/c filters.
BTW, do you use the carbon filter pad and if so, how often do you change it?
Thanks for your help.

I guess AC filters are OK. I think though that the Buffer pads are better
because you can get like a three-stage filtering effect. Like the first pad I
would put in is a fine(polishing) pad, the second would be a Red(medium coarse)
pad I think it is red the the last or top one would be a Green or I think a
Black pad with is very coarse.
I am tring this effect in spring:

2 White(fine particles)------2 Red(medium particles)------------1 green( large
particles)

That maybe over doing it but you live and learn! Then about carbon pads I
had one in there last season and it acted more like a filter then anything.

So I am building a little pond about maybe 25 gallons, and a stream to go back
into the pond; So I would put a media bag with the appropreiate amount needed
for my pond in it and put it in the smaller pond where there is alot of
movement of water.

This is what I would do, if you don't have a little pond or waterfall , you can
either put it into the canister in a pair of hosery leg or better yet make
something out of the buffer pads and sandwish the carbon in between the two and
sew it up with fish twine..

Boy, I am getting to good on answering questions, But I owe to my friends on
this group who help me last year when I was a newbie... Thanks

Don't Hesitate to email directly if needed,

Sacha
Old 09-04-2003, 07:20 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

How can I tell if my buffer pads have any chemicals on them from the
manufractures?? I am using Eagle Floor Care, Inc. brand.

Thanks in advance,

Sacha

Old 10-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Tom La Bron

Missy,

Call the company and ask them. That is what I do when I can not find the
answer locally.

Tom L.L.