Old 08-06-2006, 06:50 AM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy

Default New to ponds

"~Roy" aka Koi-Lo wrote in message

Its b****ing asholes like you that keep the noise level going. Your
the first ****ing moron to snap today......you poor pityful
looser......

"Steve" wrote in message
So would I just have to get some sort of diveter so it can run 2 differant
things?

Sorry so many questions. I am learning still.

"~Roy" wrote in message

No, if yuy go with a Cyprio Titan pump of say 800 gph its made to
power a pressure filter like the Cyprio Bio Force, and then feed a
water fall .....Commn box filters just plain suck at removing any
algae or really doing the job, and who want to be messing around in a
pond to clean it. External pressure buried so only the top is visible
is a piece of cake to maintain. At the price your just a bit higher
than what big box stores charge for a typical box filter and cleap
pump.

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 20:38:03 GMT, "Steve" wrote:
So basically no matter what pumps I chose to use I should probably

just
get
one pump and filter set up and one waterfall pump. Correct?

"Go Fig" wrote in message
In article , Steve
wrote:

Well I have been reading for a few weeks and finally decided to do

pond.
I will probably just put a few small goldfish in it nothing big.

It
will
be
a preformed one from HD 165 gallons and 18" deep. I will bring in
the
goldfish in the winter to an aquarium ( i have 4 of them).

My questions is : I will be getting a pump and filter combo
(Beckett
Small
Pond Filter Kit Model 7040210). Will I be able to run a waterfall
that
is 2
ft high and about 3 feet away from where the pump will be located?

It is very doubtful that this matched pump will run this proposed
waterfall with more than a small trickle (perhaps the desirable
effect)... consider using a 2nd pump to run the waterfall... a
Pondmaster #12 might be a good choice w/ 1" tubing for a strong

flow/
rate.

Have you looked at the Pondmaster filter w/ a skimmer ?

Good Luck!

jay
Mon Jun 05, 2006

noticed that it has a valve for other water features on it so that
is
what I
was going to hook up to it. I will use the fountain attachement
also.

Thanks in advance. It is all confusing to me. I am jsut not
wanting to
spend money on two pumps if not needed.

Thanks
steve

Old 08-06-2006, 06:50 AM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy

"~Roy" aka Koi-Lo wrote in message

Its b****ing asholes like you that keep the noise level going. Your
the first ****ing moron to snap today......you poor pityful
looser......

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
In article ,
"Steve" wrote:

Well I have been reading for a few weeks and finally decided to do a

[...]

I have a bit bigger system than your proposing, but it sounds the same.
A nice waterfall will probably need a 1100 GPH pump. Someone posted
some math so you can figure it out that way if you want, but 350GPH is
like a garden hose on medium slow.

I have a second pump that runs 24/7 that is 350gph (the water fall is
1400gph). it pumps water to my Sand Filter, and then into my UV light.
The waterfall pumps into a "Big" skippy filter and then to the falls.

To save money, I made my own filters, including my sand filter but not
my UV. I put plants in the pond, so it helps with the chemical process.
Then I made a bucket up with scrubbing pads (A skippy FIlter is what it
is called) and it really keeps the water clear. Then the UV does its
job to help as well.

UV's have to run 24/7 BTW.

If you want, take a look at Veggie Filters if you are making your own.
I would like to go back and do it again that way. Skippys are GREAT,
but a bit more maintenance... then again, mine is too small for my pond
and fish load...

Hope this helpsl. It is never easy, and almost always what ever you buy
you will regret cause you will want it bigger, better, badder later on
;-)

carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com

Old 25-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Registered User

I write because when we get a strong wind, accompanied by this storm, I can lose a lot of water blowing out the water from the fountain. Your pond is not much bigger than me, it sounds like you plan to two water features - more opportunities to quickly reduce the level of the wind to your pond.
Pond Kits

My Brother's Ponds. Link to on line photo album of his ponds. Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 14 03-07-2004 03:04 AM
New to ponds. Steve and Tiffany Ponds 4 01-06-2003 02:44 PM
new to group ... and ponds : ) Nanceemo Ponds 6 15-04-2003 04:08 AM