Old 14-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default My Melafix, Bacteria seed, bio-filter, and my birthday weekend. Sweet.

So Sunday 4-13-03 was my birthday. No we will not talk about how old I
turned.

I spent the whole weekend working on my pond, and for some reason, I feel so
good. Started 12:00 noon Friday, and just finished now at 9:40 pm
California time. (Except for 4 hours spent with my family that came over for
celebration)

Tore down my filter in my pond #3, it did not seem to be able to handle the
fish load and my promiscuous fish that just insist on spawning every time
something changes like the temperature.

My water was nice and green from algae bloom. Fish flashing, and acting all
funny. Fish had spawned on Monday or Tuesday, noticed strange behavior.
Tested my water on Thursday, all is well except nitrate or nitrite spike.Did
35% water change on Thursday, next day I'll be a monkey's cousin if they
didn't spawn again!!!

Decided to build a second filter for my pond.
The first filter is in a 55 gallon barrel like the one used to feed horses.
I did that following Skippy's direction
http://www.skippysstuff.com/biofiltr.htm
The second and new filter is in a white 35 gallon barrel. Based on the
filter from
http://www.blondieswebdesigns.com/wa...biofilter.html

So I now have 2 independent filters working on my overloaded overfed pond.
Now to wait 4-8 weeks according to Skippy to see the result.

BTW, my Koi being slutty and all, must have hurt themselves being frisky.
So my neighborhood Koi stuff peddler, peddled me some melafix. The stuff
smells so good. Anyway threw some in the pond to help the Koi overcome the
bruises from their promiscuous ways!

That's how I spent my weekend and my birthday, now relaxing with a bottle of
Guinness and dreading work for tomorrow. Wish I had a trillion dollars so
that I can stay home with my Koi, my dogs, and yes my wife and kids.

Good night all, sweet Koi dreams.
--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 14-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Tom La Bron

Just Me KOI,

Melafix is a good product. I have used it and recommend it to others. I
redosed every other day and it worked fine in my ponds.

Tom L.L.

Old 17-04-2003, 06:44 AM
DawgMichelle

We share the same birthdate!! Hope you had a good one....I know I did, putting
in my first pond!

Congrats!