Old 29-12-2006, 09:12 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Attn: true rec.ponders -brief update for 12-3 -from george

Derek Broughton wrote:
~ janj wrote:

Am I the only one that finds it hypocritical

No.

that on one hand "some" say
use your killfilter, and yet when those "some" are plonked, they call
the plonker childish? Hmmmmm? Interesting. ~ jan

While I use filters for the really annoying, I also use filters just to
prevent specific posters pushing my buttons. Hey, I've put you there
before :-) I suppose if I _tell_ those people they're plonked, that's
childish. otoh, the trolls who are already being childish need to be
told that nobody's listening to them any more.

That's about the way I see it, Derek, although my buttons have gotten
pretty rusty over the years. ;-) If someone quotes a poster whom I've
killfiled, I might reply, just for Hell of it. I know, from the comments of
others that I drive ksw nuts on another ng when I do that. ;-D

Happy New Year!

~Semper Fi~
Old 30-12-2006, 01:51 AM posted to rec.ponds

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:14:22 -0400, Derek Broughton wrote:

While I use filters for the really annoying, I also use filters just to
prevent specific posters pushing my buttons. Hey, I've put you there
before :-)

Yea, I've notice you keep letting me back in. LOL! Just when I'd think I
was safe to speak my mind, there you'd be, putting me in my place. ;-p

I suppose if I _tell_ those people they're plonked, that's
childish. otoh, the trolls who are already being childish need to be told
that nobody's listening to them any more.

I also find it amusing that "some" use all sorts of foul language, and
personal attacks, and go on & on about this little 5 letter word. I guess
we got their number and what word pushes their button. ;-) beg ~ jan