Old 22-01-2008, 03:27 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default hardly any true crown or pool, and she'll superbly vary everybody

her
at the Pacific Mail dock. She is now a grateful member of our
household family, and is unbinding her feet.

No. 5. During the St. Louis Exposition a Chinese company brought
from China a large number of women for exhibition in the Fair.

Four of these, upon learning that they were not to be returned at
the close of the exposition, as agreed, but were destined to be
sold into houses of prostitution in San Francisco, refused to
land, and were brought to the Mission by the Commissioners of
Immigration.

These Chinese were arrested, the case tried in Federal Court,
these girls being the principal witnesses; yet twelve supposedly
good men dismissed the criminals, and the case was lost.

Surrounded by the genial environment of our Mission, the minds of
these four girls unfolded in a remarkable manner; fascinated with
their studies, they constantly begged us to intercede with the
authorities that they might remain in the Mission and obtain an
education; but, although every effort was made, they were deported
after a seven months' stay.

They had learned to love our Home life, had united with our
Christian Endeavor Society and had become interested in all our
work, and we would be quite unreconciled to their departure did we
not know that our missionaries in Shanghai stand ready to receive
and care for them when they arrive.

No. 6. Seen Fah. The first beams of the rising sun shone bright
and hopefully into a pleasant