Old 03-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Philip Lathroum

Default I put Bluegill in my pond. QUESTIONS...

What do they eat... they hate the floating pond fish food... ( love when
I throw in insects ) Do they make Bluegill food ?

Also... will they eat my plants if I do not section them off ??

thanks

Philip

Old 03-05-2003, 10:32 AM
David Modine

There are 2 Bluegills in the pond at my office, along with a slew of common
minnows.
These 2 eat just about anything I throw in the pond.
Including small comets ;-(

They never seem to tear up any of the plants

David

Old 04-05-2003, 02:56 AM
Philip Lathroum

I used Mozzerela cheese as a kid once.. caught a mess of them...

However, I don't want to catch these, just keep them healthy...

I like them much better, then Goldfish or Koi....

neet to watch them strike the bugs on top the water...

and only 55 cents each too...

Philip
]

Bill wrote:

"Philip Lathroum" wrote :

What do they eat...

As a child I could catch them on anything I put on the hook, including
mud or sticks.

---

Old 04-05-2003, 02:56 AM
Mary Swim

I had two tiny ones in an aquarium once, after they got dipped up with
a bucket of water from a farm pond. They were about the size of a
small feeder goldfish. They seemed teriffically territorial, even at
that size.

Bluegill Phil (Question)? Ponds 1 12-06-2004 03:02 AM
Baby Fish: When to Put into Pond NJ Ponds 1 20-10-2003 02:12 AM
Barley Pellets - How do I Put in Pond ? Gregory Ponds 2 06-06-2003 02:56 AM