Old 12-08-2008, 05:05 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Green water

Hello everyone this is my first post

My pond is a little over 2 years old now and I can not keep the water
clear this year.

I live in a very hot climate 100+ all summer, the pond is in direct sun
until my trees get bigger.

1200 gallons with 12 ft of water fall length, Pond master 4800 gph pump
with a Pond master pressurized bio filter with a 20 or 22 watt UV light.
the water has always been crystal clear until this summer

HELP Please

--
Vegaspond

Old 12-08-2008, 05:17 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Vegaspond" wrote ..
Hello everyone this is my first post

Please feel welcome!

1200 gallons with 12 ft of water fall length,

Impressive, good for you.

In addition to the answers you get here,
you might wish to be aware of another newsgroup
that seems to have more posts & posters.
re.ponds.moderated.

Good luck with everything!
Old 14-08-2008, 04:06 PM posted to rec.ponds

First I would like to say crystal clear water IN A POND is often a sign of deadly
water. real pond water is not perfectly clear without a lot of equipment.
shading in a hot climate can use shade cloth, or, put in water lilies and oxygenators
like elodea. 12 foot waterfall? you must lose a lot of water from that.
I use a veggie filter to keep my water "clear" altho that means I dont have pea soup,
but htewater is yellowish. Ingrid

wrote:-

I can not keep the water clear this year.
I live in a very hot climate 100+ all summer, the pond is in direct
sun
1200 gallons with 12 ft of water fall length, Pond master 4800 gph
pump with a Pond master pressurized bio filter with a 20 or 22 watt UV
light. the water has always been crystal clear until this summer

Yes about 15 fish