Old 01-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered User

Smile New to ponds!

Hi, I have a 100 gallon hexagon block link pond which is yet to be set up.

I hope to make it a nice feature on my patio. I orderd some plants on ebay.

I have 5 mint plants.
Eldoea.
Yellow Iris root things? (lol, im no being ignorant i really just dont know what theyre called!)
and one white lilly and one pink lilly roots.

She said I would need two baskets for all of these plants?

she has provided me with the two baskets but is it safe to mix the different plants together?
The elodea and mint are small at the moment. How should i be caring for them while they are still indoors? The frost keeps managing to creep back so theyre ok to stay in for the moment.

Will these plants grow for the summer? I paid £8 for them all, I don't really know why i was shocked when i opened the package to find teeny plants and roots! Thought it was too good to be true!

When potting these plants do i use garden soil? or sand or ? help please?

Like i said, anyhow complete novice! Its the first year my boyfriend and i are in our house and i would just love a nice garden as i spend to much time out there!

Thanks!
Old 20-02-2011, 05:53 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default New to ponds!

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 17:41:21 +0000, pb632
wrote:

Hi, I have a 100 gallon hexagon block link pond which is yet to be set
up.

I have 5 mint plants.

Plant in rocks, or free float if small.

Eldoea.

Can be weighted down or free floating. If small, free float for now.

Yellow Iris root things?

Plant in basket w/rocks to hold it in place.

and one white lilly and one pink lilly roots.

One in each basket, cut end against the side of basket. Lay on top of muddy
soil, then weed fabric strips with rocks on top to hold it down. Some
tomato spikes to feed them tucked into the mud. Submerge. If mesh basket,
line with weed fabric before putting mud within.

There are instructions w/pictures all over the web, let google be your
friend.
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us
Old 26-02-2011, 05:45 PM posted to rec.ponds

??? wrote ...

go to rec.ponds.moderated. this group is dead due to trolls.

Why? Just use your Spam Filter/ Delete button/ blocked senders list or
subscribe through a good news service like the famous German one I use (
news.individual.net ) which filters out most rubbish and only €10. per year.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

My Brother's Ponds. Link to on line photo album of his ponds. Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 14 03-07-2004 03:04 AM
New to ponds. Steve and Tiffany Ponds 4 01-06-2003 02:44 PM
new to group ... and ponds : ) Nanceemo Ponds 6 15-04-2003 04:08 AM