Old 19-04-2011, 09:21 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Springtime Pond Start-Up (article) & BZT

Greetings. I'm Bruce Rich, partner at United-Tech (manufacturers of
BZT and OBT formulas).

We just posted a short, general article on Springtime Pond Startup on
our new blog. I invite you to check it out. http://www.united-tech.com/products/products/kp.html

Also, for the record, I know many rec.ponders have trumpeted the
benefits of BZT(R) Aquaculture in the past. We used to carry a product
deemed "BZT Aquaculture Ponder Special," but we have recently
developed a more targeted formulation BZT(R) Koi & Pond.

I'd like to hear about what you are using now, if different, and any
success stories you might have regarding our product. Also, since I am
a bit of a net junkie, I'll be popping in every now and then to learn
from you, and share any know-how and opinions that may be beneficial.
Happy ponding!

Cheers,
Bruce Rich, CIO
United-Tech
http://www.united-tech.com/
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/unitedtechinc
FB: http://facebook.united-tech.com/
Old 25-04-2011, 02:03 AM posted to rec.ponds

Been a BZT believer for years. I even took some time off from it when I
started keeping the filter primed by running at a slower rate in winter.
After 2 years on the shelf I decided to use up what I had left.... was I
surprised that suddenly my filter didn't need cleaning as often! Needless
to say, I'm back to using it, purchased the 1 lb. package last fall.
~ jan

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:21:52 -0700 (PDT), Bruce Rich
wrote:

[...]

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us
Old 13-05-2011, 08:54 PM posted to rec.ponds

Good to hear. We have been keeping pretty busy and our market focus
diverged, but we're slowly reintegrating BZT with the ponder circuit.
Glad to know our extended shelf life has served you well, and also
glad our little article has helped. I do apologize for our
extended absence from the forums and newsgroups. I have been missing
the friendships and contributions, so it's time to get involved.

My personally favorite article was the Rasti-Land Amusement park
article - nothing to do with Koi, but plenty to do with water. You can
read it on the blog, too. http://united-tech.com/news/news.html. I
personally would love to get invited to more amusement parks, because
I'm a bit of a roller-coaster fanatic.

I'll be posting more random tidbits on our facebook and blog in the
future. Some will be koi-related, others not. If you FB, feel free to
add us. I'm always on there, so questions are easily and quickly
answered (but I will try hard to come back here regularly as well!!).

Bruce

Old 13-05-2011, 11:27 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Bruce Rich" wrote ...

about his product BZT.

I have used a product marketed at gardeners as "Garden Yoghurt" . It's
basically a mixture of various bacteria you growth like yoghurt in a heated
maker and then use on soil, ponds, even work surfaces, to remove/replace
harmful bacteria. In a pond it makes any detritus clump up, does the same in
the filters too, so everything stays much cleaner, the water stays clearer,
and the fish seem healthier. I've also noticed a significant increase in
fresh water sponges on surfaces in the pond/filters which is always a sign
of good quality water. A cup full dose lasts a season or more as it
continues to grow in the pond to it's optimum level. Quite cheep to make
too, especially when it was a present in the first place.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 15-05-2011, 03:22 PM posted to rec.ponds

Ingrid wrote

no need for anything with a veggie filter. I use a wet vacuum to remove
the mulm
from the filter once a year and spread it on my flower gardens.

Yes, I also use a 0.75hp electric swimming pool pump and vacuum etc. Works
well. The filters have bottom drains so are quite easy to clean of excess
muck.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 25-05-2011, 07:47 PM posted to rec.ponds

I'd like to apprehend about what you are application now, if different,
and any success belief you ability accept apropos our product. Also,
back I am a bit of a net junkie, I'll be bustling in every now and again
to learn from you, and allotment any ability and opinions that may be
beneficial.

--
pigychopes
Old 09-07-2011, 08:55 PM posted to rec.ponds

Hi pigychopes,

Where are you located? ~ jan

On Wed, 25 May 2011 18:47:03 +0000, pigychopes
wrote:

I'd like to apprehend about what you are application now, if different,
and any success belief you ability accept apropos our product. Also,
back I am a bit of a net junkie, I'll be bustling in every now and again
to learn from you, and allotment any ability and opinions that may be
beneficial.

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

This Article Is Helping Us To Start An Organic Garden...Any OtherTips Are Appreciated! BrianFromWisconsin Gardening 3 31-05-2009 07:20 PM
Banned Herbicides &&&& Pesticides Christopher Norton United Kingdom 1 26-08-2003 07:42 AM
BZT vs Pond-Zyme REBEL JOE Ponds 1 01-08-2003 07:23 PM
AMC Montessori Springtime Lesson Planning Page Uploaded amonco7 Gardening 0 22-03-2003 11:20 PM
teeny springtime iris coati Ponds 4 24-02-2003 10:43 PM