Old 11-03-2012, 08:27 PM
billy brag's Avatar
Registered User

Wink A fishless pond

Hi to everyone , I just joined and hope to share my garden "stuff" with you all.

This may seem like a pretty pointless question , but my imagination runs away
with me sometimes ..so bear with me please cos I am not the sharpest tool
when it comes to these things.

I have a little corner in my garden dedicated to the fairies and fantasy , I want to make a little pond ( when I say little ..a foot deep and two/three foot round) but I really don't know how to deal with the electrics I would need for a pump and I know nothing about filters etc, so obviously I am not intending to have any fish for the reason above.

But ..I wondered , is is feasible to dig my self a hole , put some pond liner in it , fill it up and thats it ? I feel like I am missing a very valuable point here ...I was going to just get a little solar powered lilly fountain to just sit in it ..purely decoration this little pond.

will the lily fountain keep the water ok as there is movement , do I need to buy a tablet or something to put in the water as I have no filter , or am I talking rubbish ..

any advice will be good advice , thankyou so much .