Old 27-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Ted

Default White Spots

I have noticed that my fish have small white spots on their outer gills?
Any ideas?

--
Thanks,
Lisa

Old 28-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Lee Brouillet

What kind of fish? I hear that goldfish get something called "breeding
tubercles", little white spots on the gill plates when they get "in the
mood", kinda like pimples. Perhaps it's those? If they're fuzzy white spots,
it's entirely different, and the goldfish people will pipe up with info. I
hope it's just because they're feeling romantic, and not that they're sick.
Good luck!

Lee

Old 28-02-2003, 11:18 PM
Ted

Goldfish - shubunkins, comets and orandas and whatever you want to call
their babies!! That very well could be it. They look like what you
described and they have been romancing each other quite a bit as our weather
has been warming up . They dont act sick, thats why I was wondering.

Old 02-03-2003, 04:03 PM

breeding stars. indicates the males are old enough to breed. altho not all males
get em, and not all GF with stars are male. Ingrid