Old 15-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Jan

Default Pond vacuum/ no electriciry needed

Has anyone tried the vacuum kit for cleaning the bottom of the pond that is
hooked up to a hose and has a reusable bag at the top...?? It states just
hook up to a garden hose..
thanks..
jan

Old 15-05-2003, 04:32 PM
LRobi31070

I saw one at Sutherlands Lumber but was leary. It costs $50.00 !
Old 15-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Go Fig

In article ,
"Jan" wrote:

Has anyone tried the vacuum kit for cleaning the bottom of the pond that is
hooked up to a hose and has a reusable bag at the top...?? It states just
hook up to a garden hose..
thanks..
jan

Yes, they work reasonably good. Home Depot sells it as well. There are
2 sizes of bag mesh. To get the smallest size you may need to get that
from a pool supply store. I sometimes use 2 bags or even a panty hose
for the real fine stuff.

Remember you are adding water during this process so be careful to
de-chlor.

If you have very good pressure on your garden hose you can connect a
discharge hose (instead of the bag) and suck the waste out of the pond.

jay
Thu, May 15, 2003

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."
Old 15-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Jan wrote:
Has anyone tried the vacuum kit for cleaning the bottom of the pond that is
hooked up to a hose and has a reusable bag at the top...?? It states just
hook up to a garden hose..
thanks..
jan

I purchased one (it's still in the box) several years ago.
I decided it was to awkward to use.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 15-05-2003, 06:56 PM
LRobi31070

Hmmmmmmm. Maybe you would sell it to one of us to try out! Lou Ann

Old 15-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Lee Brouillet

I tried one, but it wasn't what I wanted. It worked well enough, especially
if you use it like a water change (pump out some, then replace it with what
you're putting back in while cleaning). The sides on my pond are steep, and
I found it difficult to work with (trying to reach without falling in!).
Also, when you lift it out, a lot of the silt drains back in. I got mine in
the pool dept. at HD for about $20.00. Like I said, it works, but I really
think it's more for small ponds.

Lee

Old 15-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

LRobi31070 wrote:
Hmmmmmmm. Maybe you would sell it to one of us to try out! Lou Ann

Sure. Anyone want to make a offer. It's a Lifegard Pond
Mini-Vac made by Lifegard Aquarium Porducts.

Old 16-05-2003, 04:56 PM
LRobi31070

I have a small pond. So, what would you sell it to me for? I am intersted in
trying it!

Polaris "Spa wand" for vacuum of pond yobdab Ponds 2 27-10-2004 10:09 PM
Pond Vacuum Design bk Ponds 2 12-10-2004 07:14 PM
Pond Vacuum hire ....Bucks ? Tony M United Kingdom 25 11-06-2004 09:36 AM
Pond vacuum pixi Ponds 9 30-08-2003 10:12 PM
Lowe's Pond/Pool vacuum? Weldon Wallick Ponds 8 28-07-2003 02:12 AM