Transplant Lotus?

Old 06-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Bryan

Default Transplant Lotus?

Is it safe to just put the lotus I have into a larger pot since they seem to
be growing out of the pot they're in? Or just cut off the "hairy knuckles"
nedra calls 'em, and plant them into a pot of their own and wait until fall
to transplant/divide the lotus all at once?

Thanks
Bryan
www.safetybaby.com/yard8.htm

Old 09-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Scotty

Anyone have any ideas on this? I have the same problem with one of my
Lotus.

Scotty

Old 09-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Nedra

Okay, here goes.
Don't plan on re-potting the lotus until next spring. As for
the hairy knuckles I *think* they will be okay if you cut
them off and plant them ... I wouldn't take bets on this!
I would leave them as is .... just make sure they are covered
by water .... until it is time to divide/repot.

I know some of the guys on here told me its okay to
cut them off and repot but I don't remember the names.

Nedra

lotus question ande Ponds 9 23-04-2003 01:08 PM
Growth of Tiger Lotus kush Freshwater Aquaria Plants 10 20-04-2003 06:24 AM
tiger lotus rhizome/runners/???? Daniel Whiting Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 26-02-2003 10:13 PM
can i transplant? tony United Kingdom 4 10-12-2002 08:07 PM
Transplant a flowering plant sevendwarfs United Kingdom 2 24-11-2002 09:10 PM