Old 06-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Bryan

Default Transplant Lotus?

Is it safe to just put the lotus I have into a larger pot since they seem to
be growing out of the pot they're in? Or just cut off the "hairy knuckles"
nedra calls 'em, and plant them into a pot of their own and wait until fall
to transplant/divide the lotus all at once?

Thanks
Bryan
www.safetybaby.com/yard8.htm

Old 09-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Scotty

Anyone have any ideas on this? I have the same problem with one of my
Lotus.

Scotty

Old 09-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Nedra

Okay, here goes.
Don't plan on re-potting the lotus until next spring. As for
the hairy knuckles I *think* they will be okay if you cut
them off and plant them ... I wouldn't take bets on this!
I would leave them as is .... just make sure they are covered
by water .... until it is time to divide/repot.

I know some of the guys on here told me its okay to
cut them off and repot but I don't remember the names.

Nedra

wrote:

Is it safe to just put the lotus I have into a larger pot since they seem

be growing out of the pot they're in? Or just cut off the "hairy

knuckles"
nedra calls 'em, and plant them into a pot of their own and wait until

fall
to transplant/divide the lotus all at once?

Thanks
Bryan
www.safetybaby.com/yard8.htm

Trailing Lotus-2254 (Lotus berthelotii) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 16-09-2012 08:23 AM
Lotus question, newbie to lotus claude rogers Ponds 1 02-06-2003 05:56 PM
Emergency transplant of bulbs Robert Gray Gardening 8 09-03-2003 02:44 PM
can i transplant? tony United Kingdom 4 10-12-2002 08:07 PM
Transplant a flowering plant sevendwarfs United Kingdom 2 24-11-2002 09:10 PM