How to make a outdoor rain wall?

Old 30-10-2003, 07:22 PM
[-M_a_t_r_i_x-]

Default How to make a outdoor rain wall?

I saw this on a TV show. They had made an 8ft tall x 8ft wide rain wall
out of copper tubing.
Does anyone know where to get the plans to build one?

I pretty much know how to construct the overhead tubing..but i need some
ideas on what to use for the 8ft long water reservoir, so I can secure
it to the pump, so it will not tip over.
In the program. the reservoir was a long 8ft one piece unit that also
housed the pump which made it sturdy.
TIA

Old 31-10-2003, 01:22 AM
joe

You take a copper pipe. Drill holes in it every 1/2" or so. Place
horizontally above your pond/fountain. Plug one end and pump water into the
other. Voila! rain.

Joe (who's been thinking about doing this for some time as well)

Old 31-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Lee B.

On the TV show (I saw it, too!) they used pieces of gutter, closed off and
sealed on both ends. I think they used the 6" kind.

Lee

Old 31-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Chad

When your have your basin, you can then fill it with a sponge-like
medium to keep it from splashing... like the rain walls at the
RainForest Cafe

Old 31-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Cybe R. Wizard

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:41:48 -0600
Chad wrote:

When your have your basin, you can then fill it with a sponge-like
medium to keep it from splashing... like the rain walls at the
RainForest Cafe

Filter media! Whydn't I think-0-that?

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.
Old 01-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Gareee©

I don't know of plans, but were I to attempt such a thing perk!, I
think I would look at 6 to 8 inch PVC pipe, or whatever diameter would
house the pump in question. I believe that dual "T"s may be had in
all sizes with the off-shooting pipes at 90 degrees from one another.
Stubby pipes in these "T"s with caps would make decent legs, a
fine-toothed circular saw could be used to cut a top slot in the big
PVC...

Only thing I'm thinking is that the copper tube is less conspicuous (small),
and might not bend as readily as the pvc pipe (for the actual water run at
the top)
Also, copper has a more organic feel to it as well.

I like the idea of building the rest from pvc.. you could always paint it
all black when you are done.

I'm thinking the only way this would really look "good" though, is with some
kind of backdrop/plantings... it might look odd freestanding out in the
open.

Might make a nice display behind an already existing waterfall??

--
Gareee©
Homepage: