Old 23-11-2003, 11:11 PM
Judi9000

Default Lumpy Things / Black Dots

I've been treating my fish for anchor worms and ich. The parasites seam to be
gone, but now I'm noticing some black dots on some of the white fish and 2
lumpy things that appear to be under the scales of one fish. Are the black dots
scars from the parasites? What are the lumpy things? Thanks in advance for any
advice. Judi
Old 24-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Sam Hopkins

Perhaps an infection? Normally when you treat parasites there is a secondary
infection where the parasite was attached when you kill off the parasites
(it's more or less an open wound).

Sam

Old 24-11-2003, 05:13 PM
RichToyBox

The encysted ich looks like a white or clear lump under the skin, and that
means the ich treatment needs to be continued. The black dots could be the
holes drilled in the scales by the anchor worms, which will probably require
the removal of the scale to get rid of the black dot. If there is no red
inflammation, then there is probably no infection, and the skin over the top
of the scale may have grown back over the open wound, making it just a
visual defect.
--
RichToyBox

"Judi9000" wrote in message
I've been treating my fish for anchor worms and ich. The parasites seam to

be
gone, but now I'm noticing some black dots on some of the white fish and 2
lumpy things that appear to be under the scales of one fish. Are the black

dots
scars from the parasites? What are the lumpy things? Thanks in advance for

any
advice. Judi

Lumpy zucchini Sue[_2_] Edible Gardening 7 29-08-2008 05:40 AM
Lumpy Magpie [email protected] Australia 10 12-02-2006 01:06 AM
tiny moving black dots in conservatory [email protected] Orchids 6 22-04-2005 03:43 PM
Lumpy lawn Rick Gardening 1 24-05-2004 09:03 PM
Lumpy bumpy strawberry's Perk Gardening 4 21-06-2003 02:32 AM