Old 17-06-2004, 01:03 PM
falcor49

Default first pond ( 2 )

go home ,get pickup, tools to disconect, head back in morning. disconects ok,
nephew wants more coffee (drug him out of bed), tank heavy,hook truck to tank,
pull it out where we can get to it, ok,what to do now, hay can i borrow your
loader.
With some help and the loader its on the truck, sinched down good, lets went
Cisco, were on a mission from God,,,, hope the cops dont stop us, go slow, buy
guys ,thanks again.
were home, how we gona get this thing off the truck, tie it to the garage,
drive out from under it, no problemo.Wife comes out to see what kind of
foolishness were up to , what the hell is that???? Hay, it will be ok, its my
fish pond, its gona be a masterpiece ! OK dear, You want something to eat, no
maybe later. ok if we tie it off to the front end it should stand up as it
comes off, sounds like a plan. all set , tank comes off ,bounces off the garage
door, no harm.its got two big steel bands around it.push, shove, grunt, cant
hardly move the thing, we'll get the furniture dolly, the flat kind, that will
move it, push, shove, grunt, cant get it on the dolly, it falls over and rolls
down the driveway. OR we could just leave it on its side and role it. that
works, cepten it dont fit in the garage, even after we moved half the stuff,
wont go under the door. we was gona cut it in half anyway, we will have 2
5,000 gal ponds, ok grab the sawsall, an hour with the sawsall and we have two
tanks, 8 ft wide and 6 ft deep, the bottom side has a ft of sludge and crud in
there. chisel, hammer, scraper, wire brush. its getting dark, beer in fridge,
take five, tell fish about new home, fish listen intently, at least till all
the food was gone. more beer, thats enough for tonight,
Sunday morning, You going to Church , na i think ill piddle around in the
garage for a while, call nephew matt, matt isn't answering his phone..
Ok if i lay a couple of boards on the tailgate i could probibly roll this up
on the truck and take it to the car wash. that works, with a 2x4 to lever it
with. ok im off
to the car wash, 5$ to wash it or 10$ to steam clean, better steam clean, 20$
later its looking pretty good. cept i got a broke light on the pickup, from
trying to muscle a tank around on a pickup thats a foot to narrow for
it.besides im starting to gather a crowd. time to go. get back home, roll it
off the truck, got to see about
how i'm gona seal up the hole in the bottom, off to home depot,nipple and cap,
that would do it , or drain your water out of there, thats more better. Scedule
80 pvc, reducer, come off with 1 in. cap it for now. look at the drain fixins,
dont want to suck no fish in.

I'm tired i'll rightanother instalment tomorrow. ( just like green mile)

Old 17-06-2004, 03:03 PM
tacoffin

Cant wait for the "digging hole to put it in" or "went to fill it up and
forgot to put plug in". lol keep them coming

Old 17-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Gareee©

Pretty interesting read.. you should be taking some pictures!

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 17-06-2004, 03:05 PM
GrannyGrump

I'm tired i'll rightanother instalment tomorrow. ( just like green mile)

hehehe

Old 17-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Ka30P

Holy Cow!
I just got done answering your query about what a PORG is on another thread and
then I read about the new pond saga...

I amend my original statement. Not only are you PORG but I think you are aiming
at Super PORGdom, if you survive ;-) We are very proud!
And can hardly wait to hear the rest of the project reports!

kathy :-)

Old 17-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Gareee©

"Ka30P" wrote in message

I amend my original statement. Not only are you PORG but I think you are

aiming
at Super PORGdom, if you survive ;-) We are very proud!
And can hardly wait to hear the rest of the project reports!

Um, wouldn't that be PORG Queen?

Old 19-06-2004, 09:04 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I amend my original statement. Not only are you PORG but I think you are
aiming at Super PORGdom, if you survive ;-) We are very proud!
And can hardly wait to hear the rest of the project reports!

Um, wouldn't that be PORG Queen?

Whoa, don't be passing my crown just yet. I knew this would happen when I
had to go back to work. Nedra transferred to Goddess of Lotus, BV takes
Court Jester status, and I've been kicked off the throne. Dang! Well, I'll
be back, you'll see, right after vacation, I be here all of JULY!!!! ;o)
~ jan

Old 21-06-2004, 03:07 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I'll have you know that I have not yielded court jester to BV yet!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 21-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
I'll have you know that I have not yielded court jester to BV yet!

snip

Thats fine with me. I am more then happy tending bar in Club PORG.

BV.

Old 21-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Just Me \Koi\

I'm not sure I want it anymore now that you have yielded. Remember the
saying "I don't want to belong to any club that will have me!"

--
_______________________________________

Old 25-06-2004, 09:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I think you should, we know BV is drinking up all the profits tending bar.
Drinking far more than his share, so his own posts seem to say! Course the
Queen Porg has discovered Ice Wine. OMG!!!! My sister purchased for me on
my 50 B-day. Good thing it's is so expensive, I'd be Queen Winette with a
pondless Kingdom. Or would that be Whinette, due to having no ponds? Then
again, full of Ice Wine? Would I care? ;o) ~ jan

Old 25-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Benign Vanilla

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...
I think you should, we know BV is drinking up all the profits tending bar.
Drinking far more than his share, so his own posts seem to say! Course the
Queen Porg has discovered Ice Wine. OMG!!!! My sister purchased for me on
my 50 B-day. Good thing it's is so expensive, I'd be Queen Winette with a
pondless Kingdom. Or would that be Whinette, due to having no ponds? Then
again, full of Ice Wine? Would I care? ;o) ~ jan

Ice Wine, you highness?

BV.

Old 25-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Nedra

I remember my drinking days and days of being only 50! Memories are just
wonderful. Being 70+ ain't bad either ;-) If you guys and gals are lucky
you'll
see 70 too .... lol

Nedra
Lotus Goddess that sounds sooo cool. Thanks BV!

Old 26-06-2004, 08:09 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Read in another thread where you said you were 76 and didn't feel it, or
act it, or something like that. Ah, another 25 years to look forward to I
thought. ;o)

My Dad, 76 next month, bikes 20+ miles/day easy. He's in more pain when not
biking. He drove Mom & I all the way from Moses Lake, picking me up in
Tri-Cities at 6am, to Sun Valley, Idaho in one day. Drove from there all
the way down to Helper, UT (that's a little town mid-Utah area). Stayed 2
nights with sis, (talk about a bEautiful house). He then drove us 9 hrs
from there to Ontario, OR and the next day back home. Never needed one of
us to drive, though we took lots of breaks, which was good for all of us,
not just him. ) ~ jan

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:37:07 GMT, "Nedra" wrote:

I remember my drinking days and days of being only 50! Memories are just
wonderful. Being 70+ ain't bad either ;-) If you guys and gals are lucky
you'll
see 70 too .... lol

Nedra
Lotus Goddess that sounds sooo cool. Thanks BV!

ws.com...

Old 26-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Nedra

I'll be 74 Jan ... 74! Those two years mean alot to me. lol
Good for your Dad.
I'm more comfortable behind the wheel than any place - except my pond.
Hope he stays healthy for years to come.... like my Mom!

Nedra