Old 21-07-2004, 02:41 AM
Registered User

Default Electrical Pond Controls

Anyone know of a good pond control for electrical devices?

I'm looking for something with remotes, or possibly something that allows you to set timers with a PC, or just a mega timer system. I haven't seen too many available. CalPump makes the PC50 which has 4 electrical outlets, 2 of which are timed.

I need one that has 4 separate timers and it would be nice to be able to override them with a remote, or PC control, etc.

Any ideas?
Old 21-07-2004, 03:41 AM
Registered User

I was just looking at those as a possible viable option. Do you have the X10 Firecracker center? How far is the range in feet on those?

That would be kinda cool because with the Firecracker setup, you could control your pond fountains from a remote location. I already have a surveillance system in place that monitors the pond. It sure would be nice to be able to turn the fountains on and off from a remote site while viewing my pond camera over the internet.

Quote:
Originally posted by LittleScooby

Old 21-07-2004, 04:03 AM
Bill Stock

"LittleScooby" wrote in
message .. .

Anyone know of a good pond control for electrical devices?

I'm looking for something with remotes, or possibly something that
allows you to set timers with a PC, or just a mega timer system. I
haven't seen too many available. CalPump makes the PC50 which has 4
electrical outlets, 2 of which are timed.

I need one that has 4 separate timers and it would be nice to be able
to override them with a remote, or PC control, etc.

Any ideas?

I use an X10 receptacle on mine to control the electric fence. X10 does not
do GFI, so I had to chain the new outlet off the GFI. The outlet has only
one receptacle controlled. I don't know if anyone makes a dual. So you'd
need five outlet boxes.

Old 21-07-2004, 05:10 AM
Bill Stock

"LittleScooby" wrote in
message .. .

I was just looking at those as a possible viable option. Do you have the
X10 Firecracker center? How far is the range in feet on those?

That would be kinda cool because with the Firecracker setup, you could
control your pond fountains from a remote location. I already have a
surveillance system in place that monitors the pond. It sure would be
nice to be able to turn the fountains on and off from a remote site
while viewing my pond camera over the internet.

Yeah I have remote viewing of the Raccoons too.

No, I'm using an Ocelot, which speaks X10 and interfaces with the external
hardware, motion sensors etc. I've been meaning to wire up a sprinkler to
the motion sensors, so I can wash the pond invaders. (Scarecrow broke long
ago).

The CM11A should do what you want, just buy some decent software like
HomeSeer for web control, etc.

Take yourself over to X10.com, they sell the less expensive goodies.

Old 21-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Shanda

LittleScooby wrote in message ...
Anyone know of a good pond control for electrical devices?

I'm looking for something with remotes, or possibly something that
allows you to set timers with a PC, or just a mega timer system. I
haven't seen too many available. CalPump makes the PC50 which has 4
electrical outlets, 2 of which are timed.

I need one that has 4 separate timers and it would be nice to be able
to override them with a remote, or PC control, etc.

Any ideas?

I have one of the cal pump timers. I picked it up at a local home
improvement store for 79.99 I had to return the first one due to the
12v supply timer mode button quit working,,, but I have not had any
problems with the new one. I have a 121 watt malibu lighting timer
plugged into it as well as 4/12v/20watt underwater lights hooked up to
the onboard timer. The fountain pump runs on one of the 110v timers
and the waterfall pump runs on the always on outlet. Other then not
having a remote I really like it,, a remote isn't all that important
to me though.

Good luck,
Shanda
Old 22-07-2004, 06:47 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

You might find someone on this website to help you:
http://www.yorkshirekoi.co.uk/ponds.php?id=83'
That pond is all run by computers, from the water quality tests to the
backwashing of the filters. ~ jan

Old 11-08-2004, 05:19 PM

The company X-10 makes many remotes devices for controlling electrical
devices and lights. They also have a PC programmable timer system
that can bundle with any of their other products.

Try them at

www.x-10.com

I hope this helps,
Norman

biological controls K United Kingdom 5 04-10-2009 04:33 PM
aphid controls on edible crops Bri United Kingdom 4 29-04-2007 03:07 PM
automated environmental controls for home use? [email protected] Orchids 0 07-12-2004 10:39 AM
Natural bug controls - also available free... Colin Malsingh Edible Gardening 1 18-06-2003 10:20 AM
[IBC] BENEFICIAL INSECTS - Least-toxic controls Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 20-04-2003 05:48 PM