Old 09-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Bill Stock

"gng" wrote in message
Please don't laugh at my question or suggest I need a shrink. After I
installed my new Sequence 7200 pump I started realizing that if the pipe
ever broke that this thing would pump my pond dry in about half an hour.

My
question is whether there is enough water pressure in the line to burst a
pipe fitting (like on a sprinker system where a cracked pvc joint will
someday burst) or if the water running through the flexipipe is more

similar
to water running through an open hose, meaning lots of water but very

little
pressure on the hose itself.

Help! I can't sleep!!

Don't put your pump on the very bottom of the pond! Raise it about a foot
off the bottom, so if you suffer a catastrophe you won't drain the entire
pond. This will give your fish enough water to live in for a while and will
prevent your pump from sucking the muck off the bottom.

Old 09-08-2004, 08:39 PM
gng

Default Worry Wart Ponder Question

Great idea - thanks
"Bill Stock" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...

Old 10-08-2004, 03:40 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

You can get an automatic shut-off (mercury flow switch) thru Aquatic
Eco-Systems www.aquaticeco.com When the water goes down, the bobber in the
water turns off the power to the pump. Saving both pump and fish, plus
possibly a lot of water. ~ jan

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 08:00:37 -0700, "gng" wrote:

Please don't laugh at my question or suggest I need a shrink. After I
installed my new Sequence 7200 pump I started realizing that if the pipe
ever broke that this thing would pump my pond dry in about half an hour. My
question is whether there is enough water pressure in the line to burst a
pipe fitting (like on a sprinker system where a cracked pvc joint will
someday burst) or if the water running through the flexipipe is more similar
to water running through an open hose, meaning lots of water but very little
pressure on the hose itself.

Help! I can't sleep!!

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

WEED Liver Wart bob United Kingdom 4 20-12-2006 10:11 AM
St Johns Wart Question Mud Ponds 1 17-06-2005 10:09 PM
stargrass / money wart clippings Available - Need to ship on Friday DWS Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:26 AM
stargrass / money wart clippings Available - Need to ship on Friday DWS Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 28-03-2003 05:32 AM
PH worry Greg Dalton Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 12-02-2003 09:31 PM