Old 25-08-2004, 06:13 PM
DS

Default sand in ponds?

Hi

Sand (builders sand i think) has just got washed into our wild life pond
that has newts and frogs. There is a bit of 'froth' on the top of the water
and we can see some sand at the bottom of the pond. Will it hurt the pond or
the wildlife?

Thanks

Old 25-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Roy

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:13:53 +0100, "DS" wrote:

===Hi
===
===Sand (builders sand i think) has just got washed into our wild life pond
===that has newts and frogs. There is a bit of 'froth' on the top of the water
===and we can see some sand at the bottom of the pond. Will it hurt the pond or
===the wildlife?
===
===Thanks
===D
===

I would not think it would hurt anything as long as it is just plain
sand without anything else on it. Frothy stuff can come from dirt etc
on the sand and from water movement when it was getting washed into
the pond. Sand is afterall a product commonly found in ponds and
rivers, 110% all natural.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Old 25-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Benign Vanilla

"DS" wrote in message
Hi

Sand (builders sand i think) has just got washed into our wild life pond
that has newts and frogs. There is a bit of 'froth' on the top of the

water
and we can see some sand at the bottom of the pond. Will it hurt the pond

or
the wildlife?

My VF is seperated into two ponds, an upper and a lower. The wall is made of
sandbags that have ripped and collapsed a bit over time. The net effect is
lots of sand at the bottom of the VF, but no harm to any critters. My
sandbags were of the plastic variety sold at Home Depot.

BV.

Old 25-08-2004, 11:24 PM

no, but it may chew up your pump. Ingrid

"DS" wrote:

Hi

Sand (builders sand i think) has just got washed into our wild life pond
that has newts and frogs. There is a bit of 'froth' on the top of the water
and we can see some sand at the bottom of the pond. Will it hurt the pond or
the wildlife?

Thanks

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

builders sand instead of horticultural sand jw 111 Texas 15 24-08-2005 02:46 PM
sand in ponds? DS Ponds (alternative) 3 25-08-2004 06:58 PM
sand in ponds? DS Ponds 0 25-08-2004 06:13 PM
My Brother's Ponds. Link to on line photo album of his ponds. Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 14 03-07-2004 03:04 AM
Sand sand and sand kcchin Gardening 8 15-06-2003 04:20 PM