Old 16-09-2004, 02:09 AM
Roy

Default Pump suggestions for fountain

I have a swimming pool filter that is driving me crazy to come up with
something to make out of it. I finally decided to use it as a base
for a floating / submerged support for a fountain in the middle of my
pond.

Plan is to use a submersible pump, mounted to a plate attached on top
of this large roundish shaped filter container that will be installed
where the normal flush, backwash etc valve is normally found. Two or
three eye bolts near the bottom on the sides to moor it from three or
so directions, with cables attached to concrete block anchors on pond
bottom. I plan on ballasting this filter assembly so it will float
with the pump side up, but still able to be kept submerged under the
waters surface to allow for when water level drops. Its a 1 acre pond
so I need something with at least a 100 foot or so lead or capability
to extend power lead. Price of a commercial fountain kit is out of
the question, due to prices, and believe one can be made with a
decent submersible. Would like a lot of flow for a decent fountain and
quanity of water (not necesarily for display as much as for aeration
and keeping floatsum off the ponds surface. Basically all I am going
to need is a pump, the rest I can make myself such as the fountain
heads etc.

Any suggestions appreciated
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.