Old 28-01-2003, 05:15 PM
John

Default Old aluminium roof on top of pond liner,good idea or not? please advise

Hi,all:
I am going to build my first pond, I have some old aluminium roof
(there are trash to me anyway), I am thinking about put the aluminium
roof under the liner to prevent the tree root from penetrating the
liner, will this work? or there are better ways ? please advise.
Thanks in advance.
John
Old 28-01-2003, 05:28 PM
K30a

John,
We used old carpet and looked for leftover
carpeting nails. Layers of newspaper also work.

k30a
Old 28-01-2003, 07:00 PM

you really dont want aluminum in contact with the liner. but get carpeting padding
(they often toss big pieces out ... check with local carpeting store). carpet
padding hasthe advantage of not being natural and it doesnt decompose and it doesnt
usually support fungal life under there. it is luxurious to walk in my pond and have
the soft pad cushion my feet. it also drapes wonderfully and stays put when the
liner goes in. Ingrid

(John) wrote:

Hi,all:
I am going to build my first pond, I have some old aluminium roof
(there are trash to me anyway), I am thinking about put the aluminium
roof under the liner to prevent the tree root from penetrating the
liner, will this work? or there are better ways ? please advise.
Thanks in advance.
John

Pond Liner Material Identification - What Pond Liner to Choose FLP Ponds (alternative) 0 10-02-2010 10:35 AM
Pond Liner vs. Roof Liner BenignVanilla Ponds 8 15-11-2006 07:09 PM
Relocating old aluminium glasshouse (New glass seals?) Tom United Kingdom 6 12-10-2005 04:58 PM
Old aluminium roof under pond liner,good idea or not? please advise John Ponds 4 29-01-2003 09:03 PM
Old aluminium roof on top of pond liner,good idea or not? please [email protected] Ponds 0 28-01-2003 07:33 PM