Old 30-01-2003, 07:22 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Sun and the Veggie Filter

How much sun do the typical veggie filter plants need?

I am contemplating moving my veggie filter to the other side of a path from
my pond. This will allow me to have a large open span of main pond water and
not compromise my "pond" with "filter". This way I can also have the pond
span a path and build a nice bridge.

My problem is that the veggie filter will then be backed up to a fence on
the south side. I am worried it won't get enough sun. For years we had a
wild flower garden there, and we have some bushes surrounding the area that
have always done well, so it gets enough sun for those.

Any thoughts?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

Old 30-01-2003, 10:12 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

BenignVanilla wrote:
How much sun do the typical veggie filter plants need?

I am contemplating moving my veggie filter to the other side of a path from
my pond. This will allow me to have a large open span of main pond water and
not compromise my "pond" with "filter". This way I can also have the pond
span a path and build a nice bridge.

My problem is that the veggie filter will then be backed up to a fence on
the south side. I am worried it won't get enough sun. For years we had a
wild flower garden there, and we have some bushes surrounding the area that
have always done well, so it gets enough sun for those.

Any thoughts?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com
x-no-archive: yes

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

Most of the veggie filter plants aren't flowering plants. I
don't think they'd need as much direct sunlight as flowering
plants. Remember this when purchasing your filtering plants.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Sun without Sun. Erik Orchids 8 03-02-2006 09:51 PM
Pictures of Veggie Filter and where I would like to put Lotus Mickey Ponds 7 05-05-2004 04:06 PM
veggie filter development over spring and summer [email protected] Ponds 7 21-03-2004 04:07 AM
veggie filter development over spring and summer [email protected] Ponds 0 18-03-2004 06:59 AM
Veggie Filter and winter Paul Ponds 2 23-09-2003 04:02 PM