Old 10-07-2005, 01:02 PM
*muffin*

Default water lettuce taking over....... want some? possibly trade?

with one plant a month ago, my pond is almost half covered with water
lettuce, so I have to start tossing it out.

anyone want to trade plants? or if you really want some, I can ship for
shipping costs.
(some of you may remember me a few years back that I sent off lilies to
several of you for postage)/

I am looking for mosaic plant, horse tail, clover, etc.
I guess just about anything EXCEPT celery,floating heart & arrowhead.

my water hyacinth isn't spreading though... hmmm.

or can you suggest a GOOD trade board? I checked out a couple previously
mentioned & they weren't really trade boards,, just messages tossed in with
the rest of the posts. (garden web, etc)

Old 10-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Dude

I would like some. I only have Anacharis in the bottom and two lilly
plants so far. I was looking to get some water lettuce too. Im in
Peoria AZ 85382. How do you want payment for the postage?

Chris

Old 10-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Reel Mckoi

"*muffin*" wrote in message
with one plant a month ago, my pond is almost half covered with water
lettuce, so I have to start tossing it out.

anyone want to trade plants? or if you really want some, I can ship for
shipping costs.
(some of you may remember me a few years back that I sent off lilies to
several of you for postage)/

I am looking for mosaic plant, horse tail, clover, etc.
I guess just about anything EXCEPT celery,floating heart & arrowhead.

my water hyacinth isn't spreading though... hmmm.

or can you suggest a GOOD trade board? I checked out a couple previously
mentioned & they weren't really trade boards,, just messages tossed in

with
the rest of the posts. (garden web, etc)

====================================
I would suggest you remove quite a bit of the water lettuce if you want your
WH to grow and thrive. It's probably using all the available nutrients.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 10-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Ron in Radio Heaven

with one plant a month ago, my pond is almost half covered with water
lettuce, so I have to start tossing it out.

It's funny how this stuff grows, a couple of months ago
I was worrying the garden folks at the home centers about
WHEN were they going to get some pond plants is.
When they finally arrived I bought 5 each hyacinth and
water lettuce at $2.75 each, yesterday I tossed out about
a $100 worth of plants cause I can't see my fish. I have to
use the pool net to push some back just so I can feed them.
Today I'm going to make a 3 foot dia. feeding ring that
maybe will keep the plants out.
We're thinking about building a green house with a tub to
keep plants over the winter. I think if I had room this would
make a great small business with as many folks want plants
in the spring...

Ron in NC
Old 10-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Ron in Radio Heaven" wrote in message
m...

with one plant a month ago, my pond is almost half covered with water
lettuce, so I have to start tossing it out.

It's funny how this stuff grows, a couple of months ago
I was worrying the garden folks at the home centers about
WHEN were they going to get some pond plants is.
When they finally arrived I bought 5 each hyacinth and
water lettuce at $2.75 each, yesterday I tossed out about
a $100 worth of plants cause I can't see my fish. I have to
use the pool net to push some back just so I can feed them.
Today I'm going to make a 3 foot dia. feeding ring that
maybe will keep the plants out.
We're thinking about building a green house with a tub to
keep plants over the winter. I think if I had room this would
make a great small business with as many folks want plants
in the spring...

=======================
I sell some of mine to a local Pond Place and an Aquarium Store that sells
pond supplies and fish. It's a self supporting hobby most years.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Gareee©

I really don't have anything to trade, but would love some water lettuce for
my pond....

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm