Old 29-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Roy

Default Talk about a ripoff

I have been usiing some Aquarium Pharmaceutical test kits (all
individual tests not the big multi type tests kit). Some of them come
with a Sal****er test color card, and being that I do not fool with
Marine fish I always pitched the sal****er cards, as well as the
instructions and box, as I have a nice little box I keep the kits in.

Well, I now got started in marine tanks, and just bought a new Ammonia
test kit just two days before I decided to do a reef tank, and as
usual i had pitched the plastic color card already.......I contacted
the companaay that makes these kits and asked to buy a new replacement
card, and they said sure no problem.......That wil be a total of
$8.00...huh? $8 for a color card when the kit only costs about 2/3rds
that amount? Their reply was the card itself is $3.00 and there is a
flata fee (in this case ) $5.00 handling and postage fee...........So
if that card costs $3.00 and 9 out of 10 folks will probably throw it
anyhow, why do we have to pay for a color card if all we had was fresh
water setups..................

So since I had to do my tests I had no choice but to buy an entire
new kit just for a card as it was cheaper..........

Anyhow I put together a neat little pico reef tank, which is just
thriving and going crazy with all kinds of neat little unidentified
critters in it. Also have a 75 gal tank I am working on and making a
30 gal sump for. One more hole to drill in the bottom of the 75 gal
tanak and it will be all ready to finish up the plumbing etc, and load
up with liverock and sand and water and start it cycling........

I wonder how much salt I would have to dump in my pond to convert it
to sal****er pond? ;-)

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 04-08-2005, 07:24 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Doesn't surprise me, but this gives me a good reason to start saving those
little cards. I always saved the test tubes, so I guess I'll start saving
the cards. Then I would have gladly sent you one. ~ jan

For $7! Derek

LOL! Naaa, I'm not that ruthless. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~