Old 23-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Registered User

Location: West-Flanders, Belgium
Default Question from a beginner

Hi,

Last autumn I've prepared 2 beds for roses against a West facing wall. The buxus hedges are already there. The soil is clay, but not heavy. The area is not completely exposed, i.e. there's also a 2m high beech hedge to give some shelter against the wind.
Which older varieties (red/pink) would you suggest?

I'd also like to plant a few climbers around the house.
I'd like to have varieties that bloom a bit longer. I haven't bought any yet but so far I've selected climbers like Gloire de Dijon, Blush Noisette (West), Climbing Crimson Glory (East) and Madame Alfred Carrière (North).
What do you think? Is it a good choice?

Many thanks.

Johan

Another beginner question Mikael Roses 2 03-03-2005 06:13 PM
[IBC] Beginner question: unhappy ficus benjamina Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 10-12-2003 03:32 PM
Beginner question: unhappy ficus benjamina Guy McCusker Bonsai 2 05-12-2003 12:32 AM
[IBC] beginner,question on jinning Corcoran. Bil Bonsai 3 04-08-2003 04:12 AM
beginner,question on jinning MangaMan72 Bonsai 0 04-08-2003 02:22 AM