Old 25-03-2008, 11:32 AM
may may is offline
Registered User

Smile why?

i dont know anything about growing roses , but 5 years ago i had a rose that i planted in my garden, it was for our 25th anniversary. it is a white rose, but it seems to have really lanky stems with a top heavy rose on the end , and because of this it just drops down , also it has black spot and the roses have brown specs on them . i have tried spraying them with a multi rose spray but every year it is the same , i dont really like the look of it , and i cut it down every year ,and i do give it rose food in liquid form in the watering can . because it was planted on our 25th ann i dont like to just dig it up but it is not bringing me much joy . a couple of years ago i put it in a pot , but now i am not sure what to do with it . i hate to just get rid of it .
Old 27-03-2008, 12:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default why?

It's unlikely anything you did or did not do. Some roses are just like
that. If it's green and makes flowers, be happy. As for the black spot, if
its in a pot, water from the bottom and put it somewhere it will get a
breeze.

Jeff, Southeast Michigan, Zone 5

--
may

Old 31-03-2008, 12:49 AM
may may is offline
Registered User

[quote=Jeffrey L. Kline;780905]It's unlikely anything you did or did not do. Some roses are just like
that. If it's green and makes flowers, be happy. As for the black spot, if
its in a pot, water from the bottom and put it somewhere it will get a
breeze.

QUOTE] i didnt realize about the watering from the bottom ,
i will try that
Old 24-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Registered User

[quote=may;781574]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey L. Kline View Post
It's unlikely anything you did or did not do. Some roses are just like
that. If it's green and makes flowers, be happy. As for the black spot, if
its in a pot, water from the bottom and put it somewhere it will get a
breeze.

QUOTE] i didnt realize about the watering from the bottom ,
i will try that
Why don't you take some semi-ripe cuttings in mid to late summer and if it does eventually give up at least you will have others to remember it by. I have done this with a rose i had to move (it died) but now i have 2 more!
Old 29-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Registered User

Hmm, as it was mentioned before, some roses just turn out that way. I would recommend that you take a picture and show it to one of the florists London has to offer and I bet they can help you from that point on. Maybe they have seen something like that before and can give advice.
My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view. ~ H. Fred Ale