Old 26-07-2008, 02:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
YMC YMC is offline

Default Dealing with thrips

Hi,

Some of my roses have been infected with thrips - you can see the effects on
the lightly colored ones, esp. the white ones.

One in particular keeps on getting a bad case of rust.

Its currently winter now in Melbourne Australia.

Apart from the usual measure -

1. clear out dead leaves
2. Pruning
3. Spraying area with lime.

What other things can I do. And what effective sprays do some people use to
deal with thrips?

Thanks.

Old 27-07-2008, 01:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

this says it all
http://www.bugspray.com/article/thrips.html

Jeff, Southeast Michigan, zone 5
u...

Old 25-08-2008, 10:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Your welcome

I'm big on soaps, and have good outcomes with them. As a matter of fact,
I'm off to apply some this today. If you use soap, spray it near sunset, to
reduce the risk of phytotoxicity.

Jeff, Southeast Michigan, Zone 5

"ammy" wrote in message
"Jeffrey L. Kline" wrote in
:

"YMC" wrote in message
u...
Hi,

Some of my roses have been infected with thrips - you can see the
effects on the lightly colored ones, esp. the white ones.

One in particular keeps on getting a bad case of rust.

Its currently winter now in Melbourne Australia.

Apart from the usual measure -

1. clear out dead leaves
2. Pruning
3. Spraying area with lime.

What other things can I do. And what effective sprays do some people
use to deal with thrips?

Thanks.

good link. thanks

Dealing with thrips in roses YMC Australia 0 30-10-2008 11:53 PM
yellow sticky strips for thrips? Bette Noir Gardening 0 15-01-2004 11:02 AM
yellow sticky strips for thrips? animaux Gardening 4 15-01-2004 06:02 AM
Controlling Thrips bk Orchids 5 14-05-2003 07:08 PM
Getting Rid of Thrips Shiva Roses 8 08-04-2003 03:32 PM