Old 12-09-2009, 03:30 AM posted to nyc.politics,nyc.announce,rec.gardens.roses,alt.gathering.rainbow

Default Wanted: spring-flowering bulbs and perennials for Rabbi Robert S.Wise Towers Greening Initiative NYC (UWS))

h2font color="green"

The Rabbi Robert S. Wise Towers Greening Initiative is in need of
spring flower bulbs brbr
(crocus, alliums, tulips, daffodils, lilies, daylilies, peonies, other
perennials)

brbr

to do a fall planting of public areas at Wise Towers development's
public spaces beteween columbus and amsterdam avenues 90th to 91
streets.

brbr

we are between St.Gregory's parochial school, the stephen Gaynor
school, Ballet Hispanica, Triity school and St.Gregory's church and
the Goddard-Riverside toddler day program.

brbr

We would like to plant up this fall some of the long-neglected common
areas to bring up the spirit of the neighborhood and so the children
and elders and disabled (many live in Wise towers as well as go to the
schools) have something nice to look at:
brbr

http://www.brecks.com and

brbr

http://www.directgardening.com and

brbr

http://www.waysidegardens.com and
brbr

http://www.springhillnursery.com
brbr

all have wonderful things in various prices.

brbr

we are a new and poor neighborhood association.

brbr

donations may/might-not-be tax-deductible.
brbr

you have to call our chairman John Bonhomme to confirm this aspect.

brbr

our planting window is thru december 15th in our area, but clearly the
earlier the better.

brbr

all--volunteer labor used here.

brbr

also hostas, red-twig dogwood bushes, lavendar, lilacs, russian sage,
echinaceas (all and various sorts), irises, lilies also coveted
desperately.

brbr

either send or arrange a gift-certificate for these various vendors or
arrange for whatever you pick out to be sent to:

brbr

The Rabbi S. Wise (sorry cap-key is malfunctioning) Towers Greening
Initiative
brbr
c/o

brbr

(for direct delivery of plants)

font color="purple"

brbrh2
Anna Yamada

br

consultant
br
br
ih4

(ersatz title forbr

urban guerilla gardenerbr

who eschews titlesbr

and is at best abr

iTolstoy-anarchist)br
/font/i

h2b
br
font color="purple"h2
133 west 90th street

br

apt 16E
br
new york, ny 10024
or
/font
brbr
font color+"blue"
h2
gift certificates to account
br
br
font color="brown"
"brbr
/font

brbrfont color="green"
at these above vendors.
brbr
h2

or if you have extras via a scotch-division to share, drop em off.

brbr

Our Chairman, John Bonhomme can be reached
brbr

via the management office of Wise towers.

brbr

on west 91st street br
next to 120 west 91st
street.
brbr/font
font color="bronw"h2
/ib
pretty gardening things encourage
/i/b
brbrh1

font color="red"
brbr

center

respect for life

brbr

non-violence
brbr

equanimity
brbr

harmony
brbr

long-life
brbr

beautiful memories and daydreams
brbr

stress-reduction
brbr

improved academic performance
brbr

relief from depression.
brbr

a great romantic life
brbr

for one and all
brbr
/b
/font

font color="green"h2
brbr

/i/center
font colr="green"
h2
the neighborhood kids will be encouraged to help plant so

br
br
if you also want to donate hand shovels and gloves, feel free.

brbr

also if you know of any organizations or br
individuals who can donate, br
please pass this begging-notice along.

brbr
ih1
this is not a joke post.
/i/font
brbr

font color="blue"
ih2
Our Chairman, John Bonhomme is a respected retired NYPD Seargent (or
is it Detective) and not to be joked with. (grrrr.)
/i/font
brbr
/font
font color="green"h2

eventually we would like to setup a 501c3 and 501c5, so if you know of
an attorney who would be willing to do this gratis, feel free to have
them email us.

/font/font

font color="red"