Old 01-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered User

Default Why are my roses opening like daisys

can anyone tell me why my roses are opening wide up like a daisys and then closes at night like a proper rose i have had this rose tree for 12 years since my mum died in my little memorial garden at home but it has now got very bushy and the roses are pink this year they are normally red i would be grateful for your help i can provide pictures if anyone wants to see thank you .sherry
Old 10-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryj1955 View Post
can anyone tell me why my roses are opening wide up like a daisys and then closes at night like a proper rose i have had this rose tree for 12 years since my mum died in my little memorial garden at home but it has now got very bushy and the roses are pink this year they are normally red i would be grateful for your help i can provide pictures if anyone wants to see thank you .sherry
Roses generally don't do that but I know a lot of flowers do. Flowers bloom at different types, there are some flowers that only open in evening, stay open at night and close during the day, and with other flowers it is the other way around. This is the first case that I have heard of roses doing such a thing but I wouldn't worry about it, to me it just sounds like they are absorbing the light during the day and closing at night.
Bat Boxes - Help Your Local Bat Friends
Chimineas | Parasols | Garden Benches | Garden Furniture Covers

Why ? Why ? Why? David Hill United Kingdom 15 29-08-2014 07:18 PM
Wheres' the Monitor of this group and why is he/she not deleting stuff like this header below? Rick Brewer Orchids 8 13-02-2005 04:23 PM
roses that smell like roses TC2 Roses 12 13-03-2004 07:03 PM
roses that smell like roses TC2 Roses 0 05-03-2004 10:56 PM
Why does my lawn look like crap??? Fleemo Gardening 12 22-05-2003 08:56 PM