Old 03-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Registered User

Default Small Roses

Hi All,

I have about 70 roses climbers, bushes and Standards they have always been beutiful but last year we had some that were blind we cut them back as if they had bloomed abnd we then had the second blooming.

This year a number of our climbers are making a lot of growth but the floweres are very tiny and not formed properly.

We have treated them as we do every year mulching and feeding with Top Rose.
Has anyone any idea what has happened?

Shirley
Old 04-06-2010, 10:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Not a grower but a plant and watcher :-)

Might have been a harsh cut back that did it. So much growth
to pull in energy that the blooms are small.

Around here the rain came early and things are different. It was
warmer earlier and rained then dried out and now with 2 1/3" rain
in two days made the beds mushy. Easy to pull grass on the edges.

Good luck - might be just the year.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

Old 10-06-2010, 03:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Hun - second thought - what greens a lawn - ammonium sulfate.
Perhaps the plants were given leaf growing chemical mix not flowers.

That might be your problem. Not knowing your yard or what happens.