Old 19-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Registered User

Default Roses from cuttings?

Please can anyone tell me the best way to grow roses from cuttings (if that is possible).
I'm in the process of moving house and would love to take cuttings from 3 of my rambling roses to take with me.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Taraven
Old 21-07-2010, 09:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

On 19/07/2010 09:01, Taraven wrote:
Please can anyone tell me the best way to grow roses from cuttings (if
that is possible).
I'm in the process of moving house and would love to take cuttings from
3 of my rambling roses to take with me.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Taraven

I'm no expert but I have read that it is possible.

I stuck a few cuttings in pots after pruning a rose bush a few months
ago and 1/2 of them have started to grow. I didn't use any rooting
hormone and I dont' really have room for any more rose bushes; I just
wanted to see if they would grow. I covered one cutting with a jar and
that one started to grow first. However, I left the jar over it and
this seems to have caused the new leaves to rot.

There are plenty of websites with advice on propagating roses, just type
rose cuttings into your favourite search engine. Here are a couple that
I thought looked useful:

http://scvrs.homestead.com/Cuttings1.html

http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to...oses-cuttings/
Old 23-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taraven View Post
Please can anyone tell me the best way to grow roses from cuttings (if that is possible).
I'm in the process of moving house and would love to take cuttings from 3 of my rambling roses to take with me.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Taraven
i think it is a little hard to grow a rose from cutting. how is your roses now?

Rock elm cuttings no go, but sour cherry cuttings are going [email protected] Plant Science 0 15-08-2008 08:15 AM
Taking cuttings of antique roses Harriet Nation Roses 3 07-07-2003 03:45 AM
When is the best time to prune roses/plant the cuttings? BB North Carolina 4 20-05-2003 07:20 PM
Roses from cuttings Shepherd Roses 8 16-03-2003 12:56 AM
Cuttings, and trading roses Suzanne in CA Roses 3 09-02-2003 09:01 AM