Old 28-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered User

Location: Wymondham, Norfolk
Default Climbing rose

We moved into an old house and there is a climbing rose that has fallen over away from the house. To move it into the right place to grow it up the house again I planned to put in the ground a couple of stakes. I was then going to tie some rope to the rose and stake and gradually pull up the rose an inch or two at a time. Does anybody think this would work or should I take it out and replant? Thank you in advance, Dave.
Old 19-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave in norfolk View Post
We moved into an old house and there is a climbing rose that has fallen over away from the house. To move it into the right place to grow it up the house again I planned to put in the ground a couple of stakes. I was then going to tie some rope to the rose and stake and gradually pull up the rose an inch or two at a time. Does anybody think this would work or should I take it out and replant? Thank you in advance, Dave.
I think it should be replant.
__________________
LED grow light won't burn plants
Old 02-02-2011, 12:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

you can cut most of it back, and train the thinnest, newest canes. If
the rose has lasted this long, do what you can to preserve it - the
vast majority of roses can stand a hefty trimming, and come back
strong as ever.

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 20:23:03 +0000, dave in norfolk
wrote:

We moved into an old house and there is a climbing rose that has fallen
over away from the house. To move it into the right place to grow it up
the house again I planned to put in the ground a couple of stakes. I was
then going to tie some rope to the rose and stake and gradually pull up
the rose an inch or two at a time. Does anybody think this would work or
should I take it out and replant? Thank you in advance, Dave.

Climbing rose - White-rose.jpg Charles[_1_] Garden Photos 5 12-04-2008 07:30 PM
Kew Rambler (Cass!) Climbing Red Rose? Radika Kesavan Roses 7 20-04-2003 06:46 PM
Climbing Red Rose? tsmay Roses 7 02-04-2003 07:56 PM
Climbing rose Kevin & Karin United Kingdom 10 01-03-2003 04:42 PM
Everblooming Climbing Red Rose Dave Roses 1 25-02-2003 03:04 AM