Old 07-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Registered User

Smile Changing colour of a rose bush

I have a Golden Anniversary Rose bush, that was brought for my parents about 8 years ago now. This year I have noticed that one branch of flowers on the rose has changed colour to peach but the rest of the bush is still the normal golden colour. I would like to know if this is a usual thing to happen and if the new growth should be removed or what action is to be taken ( if any)
Hope someone can help me in this, many thanks.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Changing colour of a rose bush

Most roses are grafts, so that one branch should be removed, as it's
probably the stock rose. If you look, you're likely to see it growing
from the trunk below the rest of the branches. Cut it back to the
trunk.

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 17:10:47 +0000, Muttly
wrote:

I have a Golden Anniversary Rose bush, that was brought for my parents
about 8 years ago now. This year I have noticed that one branch of
flowers on the rose has changed colour to peach but the rest of the bush
is still the normal golden colour. I would like to know if this is a
usual thing to happen and if the new growth should be removed or what
action is to be taken ( if any)
Hope someone can help me in this, many thanks.

my orchids changing colour? Leigh Angela Orchids 1 23-07-2015 02:42 AM
Hawthorn changing colour Kathy McIntosh United Kingdom 2 30-05-2010 06:40 PM
Mums changing colour SueG Gardening 3 19-07-2006 11:32 PM
leaves changing colour Raels Australia 2 02-02-2004 11:02 AM
Question about Roses Changing Colour gnats Roses 4 03-06-2003 05:08 AM