Black Prince Rose - Buds not opening

Old 15-06-2016, 03:08 PM

Location: Kent, UK
Default Black Prince Rose - Buds not opening

As a rose novice, I really need some advice regarding my Black Prince rose.

I planted it about 5 years ago, from a bare root plant, and it has always struggled to produce fully open blooms. The plant seems to be growing well and the buds develop but they stay closed and go moldy. I have attached some photos that show the current buds

This is my wife’s favourite rose, we had them at our wedding, so it would be great if I could get this plant healthy with your help.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Prince Rose - Buds not opening-fullsizerender-8.jpeg  Black Prince Rose - Buds not opening-fullsizerender-9.jpeg