Old 02-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Registered User

Angry Can anyone help

Yesterday I noticed my rose buds were being eaten. I have only had this rose Bush for just over a year. It's a perfect round hole but most or all of rose bud is eaten. Would anyone know what is doing this as I'm not very good with plants. This rose Bush means a lot to me for personal reasons so it's driving me a little mad trying to work out what little bug it could be. I will be be very grateful of any advice given x x
Old 15-06-2016, 12:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
BCD BCD is offline

Default Can anyone help

On 6/2/2016 7:10 AM, Marie1974 wrote:
Yesterday I noticed my rose buds were being eaten. I have only had this
rose Bush for just over a year. It's a perfect round hole but most or
all of rose bud is eaten. Would anyone know what is doing this as I'm
not very good with plants. This rose Bush means a lot to me for personal
reasons so it's driving me a little mad trying to work out what little
bug it could be. I will be be very grateful of any advice given x x

***It would be hard to pin down what's doing it, as there are many
little critters which vary depending upon the location. Your best bet
would be to take one of the eaten buds to a local "real" nursery (i.e.,
a place that grows plants and specializes in them, not the "garden
center" of Target or Home Depot etc.) and ask what they think. Good luck!

Best Wishes,

--BCD