Old 13-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Unique Too

Default black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk ssspp

Roger writes:

I think "Theo's plan" is what I need, in addition to the advice- -That
is Shovel pruning.

I don't know why I keep sickly specimines and try to revive them. It
would be cheaper to just dig them up and replace them.

Don't feel too badly, most of us started out the same way. One is always
certain wilth a little extra special care, that rose will become something
worth keeping. And on rare occasions it happens. More often than not, we
spend lots of time and money on a plant that will never be wonderful.
The time one starts shovel pruning is normally when one runs out of space in
the garden and finds another rose he/she can't live wothout. The first one or
two is rather hard, sort of like banning a child. That's why I gave away most
of the first ones I couldn't stand any longer. Now, it's much easier. I don't
have time or space for poor roses in my garden.

Julie
Old 14-05-2003, 04:20 AM
JimS.

Roger writes:

I think "Theo's plan" is what I need, in addition to the advice- -That
is Shovel pruning.

I don't know why I keep sickly specimines and try to revive them. It
would be cheaper to just dig them up and replace them.

Or do what I've mentioned I do....go abandon them in a vacant lot, public
property, or (like I do) a city parking strip. Last week, I noticed that
under all the weeds was another rose that someone did the same thing to, a
long time ago! Then you don't have to feel guilty (if you even would) that
you killed it! :Þ

JimS

Old 15-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Shiva

On Wed, 14 May 2003 02:23:19 GMT, "JimS."
wrote:

Roger writes:

I think "Theo's plan" is what I need, in addition to the advice- -That
is Shovel pruning.

I don't know why I keep sickly specimines and try to revive them. It
would be cheaper to just dig them up and replace them.

Or do what I've mentioned I do....go abandon them in a vacant lot

Or, put them in a pot and just sort of skip over them when you water
for a few cycles. In August. Oh no! Room for another rose!
Old 15-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Theo Asir

Or do what I've mentioned I do....go abandon them in a vacant lot

Or, put them in a pot and just sort of skip over them when you water
for a few cycles. In August. Oh no! Room for another rose!

Or even quicker, just double up on their fertilizer, right Shiva?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Talk about stepping into the vat of boiling oil :-

OT Dave I ran into another candidate
for your yellow mystery rose. Try
'Baby Love'

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Old 15-05-2003, 04:32 PM
dave weil

On Thu, 15 May 2003 14:17:47 GMT, "Theo Asir"
wrote:

Or do what I've mentioned I do....go abandon them in a vacant lot

Or, put them in a pot and just sort of skip over them when you water
for a few cycles. In August. Oh no! Room for another rose!

Or even quicker, just double up on their fertilizer, right Shiva?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Talk about stepping into the vat of boiling oil :-

Surprised that the Warrior Princess hasn't run me through yet...

OT Dave I ran into another candidate
for your yellow mystery rose. Try
'Baby Love'

You know what? That's what I'm thinking it is myself. If so, I highly
recommend it as a nice, compact bush with lots of blossoming
possibilities. Mine has a nice roundish shape. The blooms have a nice
clean scent (I'd say medium) but because they're so small, it doesn't
make much of a scent impact from a distance.

I'm hoping that when Anne, my consulting rosarian, comes by in the
next couple of days, she'll be able to help me with some of my
unidentified roses...

I tried something new today and we'll see if it makes any difference.
I took some liquid compost and put some in a hose-end sprayer. I've
done a foliar feeding and hopefully I didn't put too much in the
sprayer to burn the leaves - we'll see in the next day or two, I
suppose.
Old 16-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Shiva

On Thu, 15 May 2003 07:14:35 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

Or even quicker, just double up on their fertilizer, right Shiva?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Very funny. I mean, really.

It just occurred to me that the only roses I now have in pots are
those I can do without.

Old 16-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Shiva

On Thu, 15 May 2003 09:33:10 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

Surprised that the Warrior Princess hasn't run me through yet...

You guys are slipping these into threads I am not reading due to a
time crunch. Not fair!